Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

BME 102 running problems, advice please

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

BME 102 running problems, advice please

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2003, 02:29 PM
rbort
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BME 102 running problems, advice please

Hi guys:

Got the BME 102 installed in my H9 Sukhoi -- see my gallery for pictures.

Went out flying this weekend and the engine runs burbly at mid throttle in flight. Takes a while to wind up when you push full throttle though full throttle runs smooth. On the ground, all throttle settings seem to run smooth.

I put 4 flights in (up to 7 total now with the first 3 last fall) and I was thinking that perhaps I need some pipe from the carb to the inside of the fuselage because of pressure in the cowl during flight.

I did try to lean out the idle setting like an 1/8th of a turn but no different in flight and the engine still responds on the ground from idle to full throttle with no hesitation. Should I be leaning it more?

The last thing that happened in the 4th flight was that I discovered that when I fly inverted the engine smoothes right out. Throttle stick at 1/2, roll to inverted, smooth, roll to upright, burbly, back to inverted, smooth -- weird...

So, that threw out my theory about needing a pipe from the carb to the inside of the fuselage. Is it fuel and what do you guys think? I installed the tank per the instructions in the Sukhoi and the carb is on the bottom when the plane is upright.

Lastly, my vent line uses a smaller ID fuel tubing than the feed line. Could that be a problem?

Any ideas guys please help and thanks!

-=>Raja.
Old 05-05-2003, 09:56 PM
CrashMeister
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BME 102 running problems, advice please

The BME likes a lean low end. Continue to lean out the low end, as long as the transition is good. Richen the top end a bit when you are done.

Craig.