Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

First 50cc size gaint scale 3D plane

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

First 50cc size gaint scale 3D plane

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 10:35 PM
MAPPER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First 50cc size gaint scale 3D plane

Hi everyone !!! Having been a member for a while this is my first time however on the gaint scale site. |I have been flying the .60 to .90 size planes for about 5 years now and have finally been thinking about going to a gaint scale in the 50cc size. Has anyone heard of "Peak models" ? I have been looking on their website and the prices look really good for someone like me on a budget. You can get a Yak 54 84" wing with a |DL50 cc engine combo for $839.00. I no nothing about gaint scale aircraft or the "DL" engines but the prices look great. Has any one had any experience with these planes or the "DL" engines. I am not sure where any of these are made. Any suggestions would be apperciated. I wanted to start with the 50cc size sense that looks like a good compromize between size, cost and ease of transportation.

Mapper
Old 07-31-2008, 10:51 PM
mitchmcf

Default RE: First 50cc size gaint scale 3D plane

Peak is in China I have never had one of there plane's but I do have a Dl 50cc . The Dl is a very good engine so far I have about 5 gal. in it and it has never let me down I am turning a JXF 22x8 at 7200 rpm .
Old 07-31-2008, 11:56 PM
Eagleburger

I have a yak55 87" that is the same as what they have and it is beautiful. I havent built it yet but I did take it out of the box and check it for straightness etc.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:35 AM
pilot511
My Feedback: (1)

look at my thread titled "recommend a good plane for a da50" a lot of good suggestions in there
Old 08-01-2008, 10:15 AM
fredstyle

Mapper- I ordered the previous version from Peak... looks like an aeroworks scheme, w/ the dl50. Flys great it's heavy at 19lbs but the dl yanks it around no problem. I'm considering getting the newer 87" version from them. Hope this helps
Old 08-01-2008, 08:31 PM
nitro wing
My Feedback: (1)

I'd go for the DL 50 if on a budget,the planes seem to be limited runs and you will have no parts support or have a dificult time dealing with any airframe issues,since they are overseas,and you shipping back a product will cost you huge.
If you are ready for a gamble and possibly good deal,go for it,but I would save for a local trusted and warrantied airframe.The combos are good price,so get an airframe with the motor,but maybe consider it disposable if it has issues or crashes.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:43 PM
propchief
My Feedback: (65)

Mapper,
Glad you are looking to make the move to the 50cc class, I think you will enjoy it. Since you are on a budget you might want to minimize risk with your investment. Support is an issue to consider so look to the threads and manufactureres forums to see which manufacturers are supporting their products with advice/service/etc. I won't mention any specifically (to keep it fair), but there are a lot of them that will assist you to get the most fun out of your purchase. Now I know you'll get a lot of suggestions from the folks on the site and that's great. Just do some reading and make the choice that's comfortable for you.

John
Old 08-01-2008, 10:54 PM
meridianflyer

DOnt k now about the plane, but the DL50 is a great motor. their is a thread for the dl50 on in the gasengine section, check it out.
Old 09-08-2008, 04:24 AM
T3beatz
My Feedback: (4)

Hey mapper,

I don't know if your still looking for a plane.... I've baught stuff from peakmodels before and the shipping is Free.... so the price that you see listed includes shipping... I bought an RCGF 65cc (peak 65 on there site) engine from them a while back. It weighs a little more than a 50cc engine but it produces more power also... I spin a 24x8 prop on mine. The planes they sell are also on a website called Sunny Hobby. The Up side to this site is you can save a lot of money on products. The bad side is the shipping is High, but everything still comes out cheaper than most...

DL 100cc engine 550... shipping- 81.00 then add pay pal payment rate 31.00 total price 663.00... about a 40.00 dollar saving

I really don't get the payment rate thing though...?

http://www.sunnyhobby.com/index.php?...ist.dwt&gcat=7
Old 09-09-2008, 06:29 PM
MicroDat

www.nitroplanes.com < Get your 50cc bird here, for $300 bucks you can't go wrong
DL50 is definitely the way to go.

Old 09-09-2008, 06:40 PM
T3beatz
My Feedback: (4)

about how much will the shipping be from nitro planes? I love the Su-26 they have now, I'm guessing its new because I've never seen it on there site before...
Old 09-10-2008, 03:29 AM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: MicroDat

www.nitroplanes.com < Get your 50cc bird here, for $300 bucks you can't go wrong
DL50 is definitely the way to go.

Nitro planes will not ship anything in the 50cc class internationally, not good.

Mike