Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Blazing Wing's 95" Pitts (DH Models)

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Blazing Wing's 95" Pitts (DH Models)

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 04:52 PM
LearnedInUk
My Feedback: (29)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blazing Wing's 95" Pitts (DH Models)

I noticed an ad on RCU for a 95" Pitts last month. I have wanted a big Pitts for quite some time now. I called Andreas at Blazing Wings and discussed this airframe. Since I am always in a hurry to get stuff, not to finish mind you just having. I asked about the differences between the old version and the new version. After hearing what the changes were I decided to get the one Red Bull he had in stock, since I am a Red Bull freak it made it even easier and the upcoming changes were nice but not a deal breaker for me. I don't use cans anyway.

The box arrived in perfect shape and I started to open it like a kid at Christmas. After inspecting and finding no damage, I was very surprised and pleased to not find one wrinkle I needed to iron out. I mean not one! The airframe is really light and put together well. It contains a very complete and usable hardware pack.

The one thing I did not like was all the servo openings had been cut open for you. I plan on using the new DL-111 up front and I imagine I will need the weight forward and will switch the rudder to pull pull. So I will need to cover 4 holes in the back.

I will update when I get started, I promised the wife it would not be until May, but she is used to me breaking that kind of a promise!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71064.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	1157644   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je98970.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	1157645   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wb75948.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	1157646   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ys50038.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	1157647   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pm35123.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	1157648   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw73504.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	1157649  
Old 08-22-2009, 04:30 PM
LearnedInUk

Default RE: Blazing Wing's 95

Ok, I admit it. I am slow!

But to be fair, the wife clamped the checkbook shut for a several months!

Here is where I am at. I should be ready to go next weekend. I am wating on a few small parts to finish the "flying Wires"

Then I need to balance it.

Name:	Wu61439.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	1260923   Click image for larger version

Name:	To44525.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	1260924   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hm23534.jpg
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	1260925   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh14715.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	1260926   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa85643.jpg
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	1260927   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sx61153.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	137.5 KB
ID:	1260928   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vp39056.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	1260929  
Old 08-22-2009, 07:43 PM
gboulton
My Feedback: (15)

[X(]

That's GORGEOUS. Also being a Red Bull freak, can't BELIEVE i've missed this one.

Where can i find one??
Old 08-22-2009, 09:02 PM
LearnedInUk

Blazing Wings version is here [link]http://www.blazingwings.com/index1.html[/link] made by DH models
Knox Hobbies has theirs here [link]http://knoxhobbies.com/shop/catalog/index.php?cPath=31_85[/link] it is made by CH Models.

To really throw you for a loop check this place out [link]http://www.sdshobby.com/new-pittss12-100cc-redbull-version-arf-plane-p-1005.html[/link] you need to email them for a quote but their pricing is great!

Both claim to be the best. Both claim to be different models. Both are about the same price. Both look the same to me.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:05 AM
gboulton
My Feedback: (15)

DARN IT, LearnedInUK!

While i did, indeed, find the RedBull Pitts...I found ANOTHER airplane in those links i want JUST AS MUCH.

Now how am I supposed to afford TWO 100cc airplanes, huh???

This is all your fault.
Old 08-23-2009, 01:00 PM
LearnedInUk

You're most welcome! People have been doing it to me for years!
Old 08-31-2009, 01:49 PM
LearnedInUk

Finally got to fly it this weekend. An absolutely gorgeous day with temps in the low 80's and for August it was pretty low humidity.

Getting it to the field wasn't bad at all but getting it out of my house through two doorways required some maneuvering. It would have been easier with some help but one person can get it done if you grab it by the nose and go tail first!

I have had many Bipes before and love the way they fly and present in the air. I HATE putting them together. This one is no different. It took about 30 minutes to get it all assembled and checked out. Compared to my 5 minutes for my other big planes this seemed like forever. Once it was assembled I decided to run the new engine for a bit to see how it did and to see what will shake loose. Better on the ground than in the air!

Time came to go flying and I was ready. advanced the throttle and up she went in a short roll. I was ready with my helper for some trim when needed and was very surprised that not one click of trim was needed also there was almost zero down required for inverted. The 111 pulled this plane with authority, a 150 would be sick power! Half throttle was plenty for some good aerobatics and the uplines had plenty of pull as well. A few more flights and I will know if the 28x10 is a good prop choice but so far it seems great.

Go get one of these and you will love it! Just mad I had to work today and could only fly it on Sunday.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vzuxClgbbg[/youtube]

Name:	Jh15974.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	138.0 KB
ID:	1266405   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77786.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	154.5 KB
ID:	1266406  
Old 09-01-2009, 11:49 AM
H. Wayne S
My Feedback: (18)

Great plane. I put a 3W 157cc in mine. BUT-I think a 150 is a little too heavy and over powers it. I had to place every battery ( all 3, 2 for the Rx and 1 for the ign)in the tail to balance it.
It looks like a 106cc, 111cc and up to a 120cc is perfect.

Andreas at Blazing Wings is a great guy to deal with. He cares about the planes, AND the customers. Could not ask for a better dealer to work with. I highly recommend him over the other "dealers" of this plane.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:49 PM
LearnedInUk

Amen to that!

Andreas spent alot of time answering my worries about the 111 with this plane. He was spot on in his recommendation. It balanced perfect with the 111 and power seems just about right. I'll know more after this weekend when I can test it out better but so far it is a winner!

Get one! I think he is still offering free shipping.

H. Wayne put some pictures up of yours. I noticed on You Tube that someone in Alabama flew his for the first time on Sunday as well. He also had a 111 in it. Too funny...
Old 09-04-2009, 07:03 AM
Jomamma

I'm getting one from Knox and was going to install a 3W-157 up front. I have been on the fence about putting the 157 up front because of the weight. I dont know what I should do. I like the way yours flies. Looks like it has plenty of power. I'm going to have to give this some thought.
Give me your thoughts. Plus where did yours ballance out ? Thanks Rob-O
I live in Coatesville Pa we should get together and fly these Pitt's sometime.
Old 09-07-2009, 06:21 PM
cavandish

if you would like to buy direct from the distributer in china you will save a few bucks
the 50cc version of the red bull extra is us$295, they quoted me $140 air freight to New Zealand . Drop them a mail and get a price on the 100cc pitts
I am very tempted ! imagine one with smoke yahoooooooo ha

this is their web site
http://www.cyclonetoy.com/

this is the mail address for the vivian, a nice sounding bird, who works in sales, you will find her to be very helpfull.
[email protected]

My DL 111 was $420 bucks, a 55 was $240 bucks, a DL30 $230 WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR ?

some people will really cringe at this, but what the hell !! these guy's do 15 kg anologe sevos for just under 10 bucks a piece, I have them in my 1/3 cub (w/m) and also in a peakmodels 30% yak ( I got it from cyclone)have done 50odd flights, so far so good.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:49 AM
LearnedInUk

ORIGINAL: Jomamma

I'm getting one from Knox and was going to install a 3W-157 up front. I have been on the fence about putting the 157 up front because of the weight. I dont know what I should do. I like the way yours flies. Looks like it has plenty of power. I'm going to have to give this some thought.
Give me your thoughts. Plus where did yours ballance out ? Thanks Rob-O
I live in Coatesville Pa we should get together and fly these Pitt's sometime.
If you plan to 3d and want LOTS of punch out and extreme speed then the 15o would be some sick power. I would stick to the 111 it has more than enough to haul it around the sky and should be enough to pull out of a hover. I will let you know when I do it. So far I have my rates way down just feeling it out and working on the mixes. It has some roll coupling and tucks to the gear in knife edge. but nothing you wouldn't expect.

My CG is spot on just where the manual has it which works out on the upper wing just where the front spar is at the tips. When it's inverted it requires almost no down to hold it. The 45 inverted upline pulls just a wee bit to the nose. So I think it is about perfect. With a 111 in the nose, ignition battery on the engine box, flight batteries next to the wing tube and 4 servos in the tail you will it your CG spot on.

Old 09-08-2009, 08:51 AM
LearnedInUk

ORIGINAL: cavandish

if you would like to buy direct from the distributer in china you will save a few bucks
http://www.cyclonetoy.com/

Cavandish is spot on. Had I known about this and purchased from them I could have saved about $300 on this plane and a DL-111.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:48 AM
Flexnbeef
My Feedback: (9)

I guess your wife wouldn't even let you buy a pair of shoes..LOL!! Nice Bird....
Old 09-08-2009, 07:16 PM
LearnedInUk

nope! Spent it all on the plane.

I'm lucky enough that our field has really nice grass and I love walking around barefoot in it!
Old 09-09-2009, 11:13 PM
Blazing Wings

ORIGINAL: LearnedInUk

Blazing Wings version is here [link]http://www.blazingwings.com/index1.html[/link] made by DH models
Knox Hobbies has theirs here [link]http://knoxhobbies.com/shop/catalog/index.php?cPath=31_85[/link] it is made by CH Models.

To really throw you for a loop check this place out [link]http://www.sdshobby.com/new-pittss12-100cc-redbull-version-arf-plane-p-1005.html[/link] you need to email them for a quote but their pricing is great!

Both claim to be the best. Both claim to be different models. Both are about the same price. Both look the same to me.

SDShobby is offering Blazing Wings planes. If you purchase direct, be aware, that you wont receive customer service, or any replacement parts for damages that can occur during shipping. You also wont receive customized color schemes. Sure you can buy cheaper if going direct, but you will be running against a wall if you request parts, or replacements. People always trying to go direct, because they think it is the cheapest way, and later the find out the hard way. I heard so many stories of people buying direct, and regret it. Remember, Chinese like to take the money quick, and in worst case you wont receive anything, or not what you ordered. Try getting your money back, you can write it off. Try to communicate with chinese after a complain....you never ever will receive feedback.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:48 AM
Guardbum115
My Feedback: (12)

Anyone ordered from SDS Hobby lately? Just wondering how the service is.