Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

35% Edge up and flying, BME 102 EVO

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

35% Edge up and flying, BME 102 EVO

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2003, 02:08 AM
Tapio

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 35% Edge up and flying, BME 102 EVO

I started an OMP 35% Edge just after x-mas and test flew it a couple of weeks ago. I made some big changes to the structure in the interest of weight savings. It came in at 24.5 lbs precisely measured on a calibrated scale. After flying it I am very pleased with this weight and performance of the engine.
With my 27% 300 I was always 3-Ding, but with this thing even a loop seems 10x the fun. Love the sound. I have a MSC 26x10 on the motor.
So far I have 15 flights on it, longest being 36min, 4 hrs total flying.
Three flights ago I did however start running into problems. At a local funfly the engine would not start. Took it into the pits, took the cowl off, checked for spark,OK started it fine, checked for intermitents in the wiring. Put the cowl back on, dragged it out to the flight line and it would not go again. Normally it coughs after a flip or two on choke, a few more and I'm off. I thought I may have flooded it, so dragged it back. Tried again about an hour later and off she went. Flew fine until 7 min into the flight about to do a reverse stall turn she quit again. Time to call it a day!
Thought it might be my EDR optical kill so I bypassed it and went off to test again. Started great, flew the IMAC sportsman sequence and thought everything was good so I tried a T-roll up about 200' just completed one rotation at a steady third throttle and she quit 11 min into the flight.
Thought I might try to richen the needles a bit, restarted fine, took off and I started to get glitching, throttled back and landed safely...again.Most of the fields I fly at are not forgiving to off field landings!! So now I am really curious to do some troubleshooting this week, hopefully this does not burn up the summer sorting things out.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	87216_6650.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	50741  
Old 06-17-2003, 02:59 AM
Falcon12514
My Feedback: (1)

Check to see if your getting bubbles in the fuel line, you could have a leak, or your check valve in your carb could be clogged, even with all the filters, my friend had the same problem with his DA 100, and would cause the same problem with bubbles in the fuel line, hard to see but that could be the problem area, John
Old 06-17-2003, 11:21 PM
Tapio

Did a bit of testing in the backyard tonite and when I go thru the EDR kill there is no interference, but if I plug the ign. batt into the manual switch there is glitching, 3/10 in severity.
There is almost no disturbance to the fuel from engine vibration, I did observe the odd bubble but the tank was almost empty.
Time to put a tired little girl to bed so tomorrow I will go back to the switch and see if I can eliminate the noise, first I will tape the ign wires with alum. tape.
Tonite I did try a few things like switching between the two RX batts, checking the rudder wires and so on but these did not do the trick.