Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

Warped Ailerons

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 02:26 PM
BobS
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warped Ailerons

I recently purchased a beautiful Top Flite Stinson Reliant. The plane is gorgeous, But it has one major fault. Both ailerons are warped. One is warped up and the other is down about a 1/4". I tried bending them with heat to no avail. They are too heavy to bend.
Now I would like to fly the plane, but I was wondering whether to line up the ailerons at the tips or at their ends inboard where they start. Maybe I shouldn't fly it at all.
If I strip the covering off I will have a hard time matching the paint(it's dark red). Has anyone ever had this problem before and what did you do.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:59 PM
tweedy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Warped Ailerons

try really hot steam, and clamp them with the twist reversed overnight, this is provided that you are dealing with a dope shurnk fabric, if it is iron on then then twist well past the point that it is straight, clamp and heat with iron, might even put them in the oven.

Richard
Old 05-15-2012, 03:58 PM
Charlie P.

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Warped Ailerons

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11081541/tm.htm