Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - General
Reload this Page >

CY Model SIAI Marchetti SF-260 87 inch Build

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

CY Model SIAI Marchetti SF-260 87 inch Build

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2016, 10:35 PM
maxiemac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Lowpaz Larz - I'm just tagging into this thread - if you are still interested in buying this model, try contacting CY Models direct by email: [email protected] to find out the supplier of this model nearest to you - and get a freight quote, or ask CY, if they will ship direct to you, it may not be as costly as you think as general freight out of China can be reasonable.

This week I also received from Austars in Australia my SF-260 and I'm going to start a new thread about my assembly of this model - anyone interested you can follow it on 'CY Model SIAI Marchetti SF-260 Assembly' cheers - maxiemac
Old 06-13-2019, 07:42 PM
airspace

Default Hello 330rule

I have just purchased a CY SIAI Marchetti SF260.
I was wondering if you could tell me how you determined your motor position, there is no markings on the firewall to determine this
Regards
Airspace.
Old 06-14-2019, 05:06 PM
maxiemac

Hello airspace - perhaps I could jump in here and advise as follows:-
I usually stand the model on its tail before fitting the rudder and elevators having the fuz clamped to the back of a chair to hold it steady - next I line up and fit the cowl and fix in place.
Next step is to measure the distance between face of firewall and back of rear of spinner back plate - remove cowl and setup engine mounts so this distance is same as cowl depth including gap to rear of spinner backplate - then place engine in position, remount cowl so prop shaft is central in cowl opening for prop driver.
Carefully remove cowl so motor doesn't move and mark the engine mount positions, then drill for motor mount fixings - all done.
Two important things to do - the firewall is only 1/4 inch thick - get a piece of paper and make a template of the rear of the firewall from inside the fuz and cut a piece of 1/4" 5 ply to backup and strengthen the existing firewall, sand the firewall back with 80 grit paper and epoxy the backup ply plate in position - add triangle stock at 6 places around rear of backed up firewall.
The fuselage fiberglass sides between the engine and wing are all that hold the engine to rest of the fuz, there are no longitudinal formers in the fuz, only cross formers and a tank and radio gear mounting plates - sand the insides of each fuselage side and lay up some sheet carbon fibre to strengthen the sides - an engine out heavy landing will fracture the fuselage sides if not strengthened - this happened to my model.
I've since bought another of this model but as yet not started its assembly.
Hope above helps - cheers - maxiemac
Old 06-14-2019, 06:41 PM
Austars

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by maxiemac
Hello airspace - perhaps I could jump in here and advise as follows:-
I usually stand the model on its tail before fitting the rudder and elevators having the fuz clamped to the back of a chair to hold it steady - next I line up and fit the cowl and fix in place.
Next step is to measure the distance between face of firewall and back of rear of spinner back plate - remove cowl and setup engine mounts so this distance is same as cowl depth including gap to rear of spinner backplate - then place engine in position, remount cowl so prop shaft is central in cowl opening for prop driver.
Carefully remove cowl so motor doesn't move and mark the engine mount positions, then drill for motor mount fixings - all done.
Two important things to do - the firewall is only 1/4 inch thick - get a piece of paper and make a template of the rear of the firewall from inside the fuz and cut a piece of 1/4" 5 ply to backup and strengthen the existing firewall, sand the firewall back with 80 grit paper and epoxy the backup ply plate in position - add triangle stock at 6 places around rear of backed up firewall.
The fuselage fiberglass sides between the engine and wing are all that hold the engine to rest of the fuz, there are no longitudinal formers in the fuz, only cross formers and a tank and radio gear mounting plates - sand the insides of each fuselage side and lay up some sheet carbon fibre to strengthen the sides - an engine out heavy landing will fracture the fuselage sides if not strengthened - this happened to my model.
I've since bought another of this model but as yet not started its assembly.
Hope above helps - cheers - maxiemac
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Maxiemac
Thank you very much for the support. On behalf of the production team, Thank you for helping modellers to build the plane.
Teamaustars