Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - General
Reload this Page >

Solo prop hub problems?

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

Solo prop hub problems?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 05:11 PM
gofast1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Solo prop hub problems?

Looking for input on solo props adjustable hubs (4 blade). I bought a CARF 30" setup and received a hub that is not a dial adjustable one. They advertised it as being a Solo hub. I talked with Mr. Kane and he told me they had been having problems with the Solo's. I have not seen any posts that mention problems.
Old 10-06-2014, 06:18 PM
wdemon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gofast1,

Mr. Kane bought a hub from Solo and then had Comp ARF copy it. I have had a number of customers contact me in the last few weeks with the problems that they are having. The hub they are putting out is a knock off of the Solo but they didn't copy the tolerances or the internal parts that actually do the blade adjustment. You have to adjust each blade individually. I have had a customer send me photos of the Comp ARF hub. Its finish is a little rough with machining tool marks left in the surface. There is also other small differences in the hub that I can see. I won't put that information out since my props are actively being copied. They do not sell anything related to or from Solo Props. The only approved representative is Dino Di Giorgio at Meister Scale Models. Or myself direct through the Solo Props website. (www.soloprops.com) Contatct me direct and I can help you out on any questions about Solo Props.

Sincerely,
Patrick Wallace
Solo Props - President
[email protected]