Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - General
 Second Equalizer II failure >

Second Equalizer II failure

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

Second Equalizer II failure

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Second Equalizer II failure

I sent a SmartFly Equalizer II back because it failed at the flying field (maybe 3 flights on it). Luckily I was on the ground and not in the air. I called 'em up, sent it back, and got a new one. This time around, I didn't even have time to get it programmed before it crapped out. No LED light, no functions, nothing. I also have, or should I say HAD one on the elevators as well. Back to the good 'ole Y-harnesses. I'm not even going to bother sending this one back. Is there something going on I don't know about? The one I've had on the elevator has never given me problems. Bummer. []
Old 11-02-2007, 04:08 PM
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Second Equalizer II failure

ORIGINAL: Robby368

I sent a SmartFly Equalizer II back because it failed at the flying field (maybe 3 flights on it). Luckily I was on the ground and not in the air. I called 'em up, sent it back, and got a new one. This time around, I didn't even have time to get it programmed before it crapped out. No LED light, no functions, nothing. I also have, or should I say HAD one on the elevators as well. Back to the good 'ole Y-harnesses. I'm not even going to bother sending this one back. Is there something going on I don't know about? The one I've had on the elevator has never given me problems. Bummer. []
One more thing to fail. Hope the other one on the elevator doesn't fail at the wrong time.[X(]
Old 11-02-2007, 05:03 PM
My Feedback: (2)

I lost a 27% Planes Plus Extra to a bad voltage regulator in 2001. Since then I have used two 6V NiMH packs to my Rx with no interruptions except heavy duty switch harnesses. So far no crashes.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:05 PM
My Feedback: (6)

ORIGINAL: IMAC781

I lost a 27% Planes Plus Extra to a bad voltage regulator in 2001. Since then I have used two 6V NiMH packs to my Rx with no interruptions except heavy duty switch harnesses. So far no crashes.
It's the KISS principle. I fly all my giant scale with 2 NiMH and 2 switches, one receiver. No problems.

Mark
Old 11-02-2007, 05:29 PM

That's what I'm doing, taking out the equalizers and going back to heavy duty Y-harnesses. I haven't gotten any voltage regulators, just use 6v packs. And a 7.2v lipo on the smoke pump.

ORIGINAL: Aerobat

ORIGINAL: IMAC781

It's the KISS principle. I fly all my giant scale with 2 NiMH and 2 switches, one receiver. No problems.

Mark