Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - General
Reload this Page >

Counter rotating props for Twins

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - General Discuss all other giant scale aircraft here.

Counter rotating props for Twins

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 05:13 PM
langerl
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Counter rotating props for Twins

Hi All,
Well, I'm just about searched out and no joy. If anyone has information on LEFT HAND (counter) rotating, giant scale, carbon fiber props, I'd love to know. (Some folks call these "pusher" props.) Specifically, I need 3 blade 24-12s for a P38 project. I need ones that turn (conventionally) to the right, when viewed from the cockpit and (counter-rotating ) ones that turn to the left. I was planning to use some Solo props before their demise and now this option is no longer available.

Chime in by all means if you've got a source (other than the Zinger 3-piece wood pushers). Oh, and I can't afford hand-whittled, 99/100th scale, Curtiss Electric, custom blades.

Thanks in advance,
langerl
Old 12-14-2008, 06:10 PM
dag214

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Counter rotating props for Twins

I may be wrong but Zinger has a hub designed for 3 Bladed ( you can play with what pitch works), and I believe they can custom cut any prop you need. I am using 6 of there hubs on a B-36 project that will have 20-14 3 blade, but none are counter rotating. See if they could cut the blades you need. Keep in mind that some people will say that a Zinger is not a good prop for electrics though. I have searched for 6 months and I think Zinger may be all that is left. I know you said you knew about Zinger, but that's all I could find.

Good luck,
DAG