Community
Search
Notices
Glow to Electric Conversions Discuss glow/gas conversion to electric here.

convert gas to electric

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 01:08 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default convert gas to electric

How hard or is it even possible to change from a gas engine to an electris set-up.....My plane is a 1/12th scale P51 mustang...house of balsa is mfg. i dont have plans anymore, but I thought I remembered itgiving sizes for either gas or electric setups. I have a .15 gas now, and that is an average motor for the plane size. What would be comparable in electrics?...and what all would i need to buy and battery size?...
Old 03-22-2005, 07:44 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: convert gas to electric

You might want to go through this forum:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/Glow...mid_132/tt.htm

There is quite a bit of info in there
Old 03-22-2005, 08:39 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you go to E-Zone http://www.ezonemag.com/ then go to the sport forum, and post your question there, you should be able to get all your questions answered. That forum deals almost exclusively with conversions from glow to electric.
Old 03-22-2005, 09:08 AM
My Feedback: (21)

1/12 scale combat is an easy conversion. They're light enough that you can use inexpensive brushed car motors and get good performance, or you can go all-out with brushless and give its glow-powered counterpart a run for its money

Generally, I would recommend a "10-cell" power system for a plane this size. That's 10 Sub C NiCd or NiMH cells, or the appropriate 3-cell LiPoly pack. On the low end, a geared Kyosho Endoplasma car motor (gearing and prop size TBD, as the typical 4.6:1 and 12x8 prop is a little slow for this plane). Midrange would be a nice AXi 2820/10 brushless. On the high end, a geared Kontronik or Hacker. We can get into specifics once you decide where you want to go with this.