Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Glow to Electric Conversions
 Black Horse Speed Air Conversion >

Black Horse Speed Air Conversion

Community
Search
Notices
Glow to Electric Conversions Discuss glow/gas conversion to electric here.

Black Horse Speed Air Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 10:28 PM
My Feedback: (108)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black Horse Speed Air Conversion

We just had a fun day wringing out our new Black Horse Models Speed Air conversion which we got from Hobby Lobby. Here is the setup:
Axi 4330
Jeti 77 Advance Opto Plus ESC
one, Polyquest 4400 mAh 14.8 Volt lipoly
All up weight: 6 lbs
This produces aerobatic performance; lively and capable of plenty of vertical. Two 10 minutes flights from one charge uses 2.5 mAh and warms the pack as much as I want to push it. Takeoffs at half throttle have a 15-20 yard roll before wheels up. Flight characteristics are much like a pattern plane very straight and true with no trim needed to a plane well balanced before launch. This is my pre-warbird trainer and its a gas!
Hobby Lobby's suggest motor is the next size smaller the Axi 2826-10. I've used this motor on my Avistar and Nexstar trainers which weigh 4 and 5 pounds respectively. The performance is, well, trainer-like--docile. The larger Super Air deserves more power. (I have come to accept that Hobby Lobby usually undersizes their recommended powerplants. I can imagine a few reasons why (lower price point perhaps) but unless you want to putt putt around the pattern go with the bigger Axi4330.