Community
Search
Notices
Glow to Electric Conversions Discuss glow/gas conversion to electric here.

Laser 3D Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 03:12 PM
mullenc525

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Laser 3D Conversion

I am interested in converting my Laser 3D to electric. It weighs 4lb 6 oz, with a saito .72. Removing the motor, Rx battery, servo and full tank would save about 27 oz. Currently it uses a 13x4 prop, so as an electric I would still want a large diameter low pitch prop.

The saito power is 900W, but at a higher rpm so an electric would need about 750W, as I do not want to lose power.

What motor, speed control and battery am I looking at to get 750W at about 27 oz?

I am thinking I would prefer to have 1 A123 type lithium instead of multiple slow charging ones, so that I can fly almost constantly.

Thanks

Old 06-10-2007, 03:50 PM
mullenc525

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Laser 3D Conversion

My wild guess:

AXI 4120/lots of turns
4s A123 2300 battery (enough for a 9-10 min flight, a 4600 is too big and heavy IMO)

Im not too sure about ESC, I would like a basic one like a thunderbird but they cant handle 4s. I dont need any of the other features on something like a phoenix. I think this would get away at 23oz, about the same as the saito with half a tank.

Unfortunately the a123 charger cannot charge this pack in 15 minutes, it would have to charge each half at 15 minutes each. Any other chargers that will charge the A123 cells?