Community
Search
Notices
Glow to Electric Conversions Discuss glow/gas conversion to electric here.

Thinking about a conversion

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 04:15 PM
Fly or Die

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about a conversion

I've never done a conversion before due to the fact that I'm not rich (only thirteen years old).
But I'm really interested in doing one.

What would be the cheapest conversion possible.

I know I'll still probably have to save up for 2 years but I think it will be worth the wait.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:49 PM
Free Bird

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Thinking about a conversion

That depends on what you want to convert. There are so many choices out there, that you need to choose your project and then you can be given some helpful advise.

FB
Old 09-10-2007, 01:48 PM
Fly or Die

I'm kind of looking into a small warbird like Greg Covey's A-T6 Texan. Now can anybody help me.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:32 PM
tIANci

Do you mean the H9 one that was done by him? If you are on a budget then go shop at places like United Hobbies for ESC/motor and maybe batts. Do not save on batts unless your set up is not power hungry. The cheap batts never last. Example ... if the cheap China batt is rated for like 25C then you are best keeping them in the 17C range. I used many cheap ones that are so called trusted brands in forums, they all bloat when pushed to the limits.

I am running some 'cheap' China motors/ESC to test, they are working fine. I got that in my 80" CAP 232. Since I am not looking for high performance I can get away with it. For batts I am using the branded stuff of course.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:03 PM
Greg Covey

CJ,

It you wait just a month or two, you can buy the new E-flite [link=http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=EFL4500]AT-6 Texan 25e ARF[/link]. I hope to review this plane when it is available as I expect it to be another great design from E-flite. I am happy to see E-flite making larger planes like this .25-size Texan and their fantastic J-3 Cub.

A big advantage of an E-flite model is that replacement parts are very inexpensive and everything can be obtained through Horizon Hobbies or your local hobby shop.

Good luck in your venture!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32095.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	761254  
Old 09-12-2007, 05:08 AM
netdudeuk

ORIGINAL: Greg Covey

CJ,

It you wait just a month or two, you can buy the new E-flite [link=http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=EFL4500]AT-6 Texan 25e ARF[/link]. I hope to review this plane when it is available as I expect it to be another great design from E-flite. I am happy to see E-flite making larger planes like this .25-size Texan and their fantastic J-3 Cub.

A big advantage of an E-flite model is that replacement parts are very inexpensive and everything can be obtained through Horizon Hobbies or your local hobby shop.

Good luck in your venture!
That plane is just too nice. There will be less and less need to convert nitro planes when they are bringing out planes like this.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:34 PM
Fly or Die

Great advice guys Keep 'em coming[sm=cool.gif]
Old 09-15-2007, 09:42 AM
Fly or Die

Greg,

I checked out that plane and with the stock setup it's still a little too pricy. Does anybody know of anything a little cheaper.