Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Glow to Electric Conversions
Reload this Page >

Neptune Seaplane - electric & other stuff

Community
Search
Notices
Glow to Electric Conversions Discuss glow/gas conversion to electric here.

Neptune Seaplane - electric & other stuff

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 10:30 AM
wbrosen
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Neptune Seaplane - electric & other stuff

I got a Neptune seaplane well built but too light and the glue was not waterproof - bad for a seaplane. I striped off the side covering, planked it with balsa and then fiberglassed the sides and bottom. Added some to the weight but with that big wing no problem. Put an axi 2826/10 up front - put it about 1 1/2 " ahead of the fire wall. A 13x6.5 prop - a 60 w ESC and a 14v 4400 15c Lightmax -zippy battery. Had to cut a hatch up front for the battery now balances perfectly. The plane flies like a charm - a good general gentle sport flier it is not a performance aircraft - but will do loops and slow rolls. Do not put the ESC up top with the motor if it gets wet it will fry. Good luck - beautiful plane.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:17 AM
Walt Thyng
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: Neptune Seaplane - electric & other stuff

Sounds like you got a winner (-: There are waterproofing materials out there. I haven't flown off water in a very long time, but I has some stuff that you dipped your electrical components in. Worked great. Try the dedicated seaplane/floatplane forum.
Walt
Old 07-12-2010, 08:01 PM
Tommygun
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Neptune Seaplane - electric & other stuff

Here's another guy that did up a Neptune, complete with movie. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ptune+seaplane I haven't even taken mine out of the box yet, didn't have any idea about the glue.