Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Saito 300 TL Fuel Consumption?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2003, 11:36 PM
defaris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saito 300 TL Fuel Consumption?

I'm hoping to finally put to use a Saito 300 TL I picked up from a friend. It would seem to be a good match for the Great Plane 1/3rd Pitts, but I'm not certain that the supplied tank with the ARF (about 16 oz?) would be sufficient. Since it's an ARF, it looks to be pretty difficult to make room for a larger tank.
Old 08-06-2003, 02:41 AM
Gone to a Higher Plane
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saito 300 TL Fuel Consumption?

I had the 300 on a Bucker Jungman and I was shocked at how it was on fuel. I had a larger tank but I always landed with plenty left in the tank. I think you will be pleased at how smooooth this motor is. It is almost totally void of vibration at any rpm...and the throttle responce was instant...it reminded me of an electric motor at how fast it went from idle to full throttle and back to idle. The did find that the port cylinder would run a little cooler and would stop firing but an onboard fixed that,. with an on board glow you can get the idle down so far that you can almost count the revs.
I plan to own another 300 someday because it is a work of art
One thing you can do is add a 2nd. tank at the c/g but I think you might be surprised at how good it is on fuel once it is broke in.