Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

saito 82

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 11:42 AM
shawn0327

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default saito 82

i recently bought a saito 82 and on the first time i cranked it wouldnt increase and decrase rpm good. all the oil was spilling out the muffler. is this what happens during break - in. I normally run gas engines. this is my first 4 stroke glow
Old 08-09-2011, 12:05 PM
GarySS
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: saito 82

This is very normal for Saito engines. Be sure to read the manual and follow the instructions closely. I hope you have a good well charged glow driver because it should stay on the glow plug for up to 10-15 minutes during the first couple of tank break-in bench runs. The factory sets the needles extremely rich. So rich that it won't run without the glow drive kept on the plug. Slowly lean out the high speed needle during the third or fourth tankfull. Only then start leaning out the low speed needle. The manual is the guide for all of this. Oh, yeah, be sure to attach a 8-10 inch length of fuel line to the crankcase breather nipple to let the excess oil drain away to the ground and not all over everything! Good luck.