Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

A little issue with which engine, Webra speed 50

Community
Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

A little issue with which engine, Webra speed 50

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 07:56 PM
Dauntae

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default A little issue with which engine, Webra speed 50

A little background that leads me to this issue. Got out of flying for a few yrs and starting to get the itch again. I picked up a Royal- Air 40S from a friend who never built it so it's brand new but old (its the ugly stick Royal kits put out) To get my thumbs back before I fly my usual stuff. Well can't decide what to put on it for a engine, I do have 3 OS 46 engines (2 SF one ringed and a FX) and a few others that would work on it BUUUT I have a Webra speed 50 I have no airframe for ATM sitting here. Would that be a bit much for a innocent little stick??? I was also thinking I could put it on my Revolver for the higher RPM I can get out of it but it has a OS 55AX that flies it well. So how do you all think a stick would do with the Webra with a larger lower pitched prop do, Gott remember what that engine likes for props though. OK next question what prop would you use on it too LOL
The engine in question here

Dauntae
Old 03-07-2012, 08:12 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 77 Likes on 70 Posts
Default RE: A little issue with which engine, Webra speed 50

I know nothing about Webras, so I cannot comment on that... However, I do like to see castor stains on an engine.

Good luck on your information search..

-Tim
p.s. Someday I would like to own a Webra engine. Probably something in the .40-.50 size.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:26 PM
ThumbSkull
My Feedback: (57)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Webra 50's are great engines. Put it on something and fly.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:46 PM
Dauntae

I use FIA fuel in my Webra's If you use too high of a nitro content they don't run so well and like to over heat. High compression engines, I have a Webra speed .61 on a Nitro planes Bobcat that spins upward to 14000 rpm on FIA fuel and I could get more if I leaned it but I like em a little rich, I don't need ALL the speed LOL Great engines though.

Dauntae
Old 03-07-2012, 11:34 PM
turbo.gst
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is a review by Clarence Lee ( of RCM fame) of the Webra Speed 50. A good read. It might be my favorite engine ever!

http://www.rcmplans.com/issues/reque...011991-1-1.pdf

Enjoy yours.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:07 AM
Dauntae

Just read and saved that article, HMMM Maybe switch it out with my 55AX in the revolver. Wonder how it would compare to the newer tech in the AX, Only issue is getting a pitts muffler I could make a strap for to fit this engine, Might have a old slimline to test on it. At least that article gave me some ideas for what prop to use, If I use it on the stick (I'm thinking I might) I'll try a few and start with the 11x6. 12800 rpm isn't too shabby LOL be a pretty peppy stick that's for sure. Thanks for all the info so far.

Dauntae