Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

Basic Thunder Tiger 130fs carb settings

Community
Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Basic Thunder Tiger 130fs carb settings

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 10:11 AM
cymaz

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Basic Thunder Tiger 130fs carb settings

Does anyone know the basic settings for the Thunder Tiger 130FS engine. Being twin needle I tried the standard method [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4646563/anchors_4646563/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#4646563]HERE[/link].

This method does not work as the LSN will not shut right off.

Any help please
Old 08-07-2012, 02:48 PM
gerryndennis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Basic Thunder Tiger 130fs carb settings

Hi Cymaz,

I'm not totally familiar with Thunder Tiger, but seeing that no one else has answered;

You could try setting the low speed screw flush with the housing, or if there is a step on the needle set it flush with the carb throat. Assuming it has one of these features.

Alternatively, set the throttle to the idle position, close the low speed needle, blow through a piece of fuel tube attached to he carb fuel nipple, and open the low speed needle until air starts to pass.

Either method should get you close.

Open the high speed needle 3 to 5 turns, should get you running.

Adjust from there.

Good luck,
Dave H
Old 08-07-2012, 04:10 PM
rcjetflyer0718-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

I bought 1 of these engines a while back, and tried breaking it in. I could only get 8000 rpm out of an apc 15x8 and 8500 with an apc 14x8; this was after running 1/2 gallon through it. I called hobby services and they said to send it in. I decided to run it on a test stand and try 3 different props. On the teststand it would not draw fuel unless the throttle was at least 3/4 open. I figured the lsn needed richen, but how to get to the lsn? you have to remove the throttle arm screw to make an adjustment! I removed the carb and only could blow air through with the barrel 3/4 open. I drilled a hole through the arm screw so I could make adjustments without removing the arm. While reattaching the carb I looked in the intake tube and noticed 2 balls stuck in the bend. I knocked them loose, they were balls out of a bearing, how they got there I dont know. The engine went from box to plane back to box to test stand it has not been left out. The balls did not come out of the engine, I removed the back plate and looked. I reassembled the engine and started it on the test stand with an apc 15/8 andit was running at 9300 rpm hsn 2 turns out. I still need to adjust lsn because it was smoking.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:52 PM
cymaz

What a pain...... replaced my bearings as they were shot and found a large part of the skirt missing when I removed the piston. Read it [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11103449/tm.htm]here[/link]
Old 08-08-2012, 05:02 PM
rcjetflyer0718-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

What did hobby serv ices do about your engine?
Old 08-08-2012, 11:45 PM
cymaz

They replaced the piston with a new one, and didn't ask for the old one back. No questions asked. Sent them a copy of the receipt and a picture. Good service I say