Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Glow head brotherhood.

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2018, 08:31 AM
blw
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I only had problems with one engine concerning mufflers vibrating loose. I cleaned the surfaces with fuel, then alcohol and swabbed epoxy into the muffler threads and tightened the screws. I've also used epoxy for blind nuts and backplates on a Saito FA-82 that was vibrating loose after only minutes of run time. It just works, but I agree with Dave (Hobbsy) about virgin teflon tape. I always have a roll in my toolbox when flying.
Old 07-13-2018, 11:25 AM
the Wasp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

if an exhaust flange is scratched on your engine but not too badly you can use a fine honing stone to clean it up, I have a fine, flat stone that is some 4 inches square, and it worked slick, just make sure you move the stone slow over the flange so it stays in contact evenly on the flange, for safety plug the exhaust port with a rag or that fray-less blue paper towel and wet it with WD or oil, plug it really good, and use oil to lube the stone, not spit LOL

and to help keep exhaust screws tighter, do what we do on Helis, fly around and get the engine hot, land and run over and tighten the screws (it may help, it may not), some Heli guys use gasket sealant on the screw threads, but I have not needed to try that yet

Jim