Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Tower Pro 75 not running.

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 06:05 PM
houckj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tower Pro 75 not running.

I purchased a Tower Pro .75 at a swap meet a couple of years ago. I added after run oil and put it in a bag. A few days ago I got it out and put it in a Tiger 60 (The OS 61fx was really tired). I moved the needlevalve to the carb (It was rear mounted). I went to the field to test run. The first few flips and it sounded flooded and then I started getting fuel spitting from the carb and possbly leaking from the front bearings. I disconnected all the hoses (air pressure and fuel) and the engine started and sputtered for a very long time without stopping. With additional expirementation I found that having the airpressure line connected was causing fuel to squirt out of the fuel line every prop flip and flooding the engine. I tried starting the engine with the air pressure line disconnected and was able to get it to run (roughly) for about 1-2 minutes. When I then connected the air pressure line as it was running fuel sputtered out of the carb and the engine quit. Any ideas? Questions? I am trying to figure out if this engine is damaged or can I fix it. I have 2 OS 61fx carbs and needlevalves but don't yet know if they will fit.
Old 06-07-2014, 10:09 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

For whatever reason you are getting too much fuel past the needle. Either you have it open too much, it's damaged or installed incorrectly. Having fuel run out the carb line while the vent is connected to muffler pressure is what is supposed to happen. The engine could also be starting up backwards if you are hand starting. Again, another symptom of it getting too much fuel.

Last edited by speedracerntrixie; 06-07-2014 at 10:12 PM.