Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

ebay global shipping program

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 07:21 AM
sarpet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ebay global shipping program

Ebay global shipping program not send engines to finland?
I've been trying to buy nitro engines,fox and k&b .65 sportster engines,but auctions ends normal ours night time and engines what iam win,ebay not send engines to me.
I have put a message to the seller that the write papers package containing parts or toys,but no one don't do that.
This problem is only when try buy engines from usa.

Sorry for the bad english.

Last edited by särpet; 02-10-2016 at 07:24 AM.
Old 02-10-2016, 07:20 PM
earlwb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have noticed that a lot of people have been complaining about that shipping system. The shipper refuses to accept or ship model engines. They claim it is because it might still have flammable gasses emanating from the engines. Worse was they put the packages in their dead box and all the seller can do is refund the money for it. if you are lucky.
Old 02-15-2016, 11:03 AM
sarpet

RESTRICTED ITEMDear petteri,

We are writing to inform you that your recent GSP transaction from clnut cannot be completed.

The item was stopped at the Global Shipping Center, and has been restricted from international shipment. The item will not be shipped forward to its final destination.Under the terms of the Global Shipping Program, you will automatically receive a refund for the full purchase price plus all GSP program fees.

eBay Resolution Center

K&B Sportster 45 Radio Control EngineSold for: $17.25Item number: 361472296598Item sold on: Feb 01, 2016 08:05 PSTQuantity sold: 1We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you need additional assistance, please contact eBay customer service.

For more information on buying through the Global Shipping Program, click here.

Thank you for being an eBay customer.

- The Global Shipping Program Team

Ebay is bull****,it is impossible buy engine from usa,iam send messages to engine sellers that write all documents that package contains toys or engine parts os something but not engine,but they don't do that.
Old 02-16-2016, 03:11 PM
earlwb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They have to ship the engine via the US Post Office or Fed Ex or UPS or maybe DHL. But that means the seller has to go to the shipper's office to drop the package off. Most ebay sellers just, go with the flow so to speak. I haven't tried shipping a model engine overseas for a long time now, so I am not sure if any of the other methods don't work now or not. I usually ship via the USPO here for everything.
Old 02-20-2016, 02:09 PM
wcmorrison
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sarpet, I am sorry to hear your problems. The US has become increasingly "Political Correct" and with the present administration the Political Correctness has developed childish rules and regulations. And there is nothing wrong with your use of English, we all clearly understood you and your problem. Unfortunately, I do not know a simple solution to your problem. I can only apologize for the problem. I personally do not use eBay because it has a terrible reputation.
Old 02-21-2016, 05:26 AM
Mr Cox

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just received some engine parts that were delivered through the Ebay global shipping program. It was very slow and expensive, but I guess it is safer for both parts with tracking and all.

The rules for shipping dangerous parts on airplanes is not much we can do about, I guess. It affects Lipo batteries too.
A glow engine without any fuel tank should be perfectly safe to send though, don't know what they were thinking there...
Old 02-21-2016, 06:33 AM
sarpet

Fingers cross,iwin 2 .65 sportster +1 spare parts engine and accidentally 1 .45 sportster,I hope that I can get even one of them.
This is too expensive experiment,ihave to pay engine +garco about 100$ and in finland 24%vat.
Finnish Customs is still slow and bureaucratic .
Old 05-23-2016, 01:59 PM
mordy

I had two engines 'Failed to Send" just last two weeks. It's a real pity, I was however fully refunded and the seller kept his funds, but the engines seemed to have disappeared.

The only way to send out from the USA is to ask the seller to post it to you directly and not through the shipping program. I have emailed/contacted sellers to check their procedure and if they ship with the 'global shipping program' i just give it a miss.

Unfortunately ICAO consider (rightly so) internal combustion engines a dangerous good, and there is no size discrimination so a 2.5cc engine is treated like a 351 V8 so to speak, due to the flammable liquids or remnants of trapped in the engine (even if new). SO frustrating.
Old 05-24-2016, 08:07 PM
the pope

Ive had issues when trying to get engines and parts from Horizon Hobby . Ive sent a few emails to them about the prob and they tell me they do ship to Aus not when I try . They always say they cant ship to my destination and to remove the item from my shopping cart . Tower always ship what I want and at a great rate as well . Cheers