Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

Frank Bowmans piston ring co has been sold to a new owner

Community
Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Frank Bowmans piston ring co has been sold to a new owner

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 04:14 PM
tony0707

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frank Bowmans piston ring co has been sold to a new owner

When looking to purchase a piston ring i was told that Frank Bowmans Co has been sold to a new owner who is gearing up to get us the new rings we need so badly

I cannot tell you how important this is to keep our engines in good running form by freshening them up with new bearings and a fresh ring when required
Otherwise a worn out ring would cause a good engine to be trashed

Please post contact info as soon as we can help get the new piston ring co owner off to a good start
So glad this is going to happen

Enjoy
Old 02-03-2017, 04:24 PM
jeffie8696

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

YES !!!!!! I will be in line.
Old 02-03-2017, 10:27 PM
Calvinman

That is good news, I purchased some of Franks last stock, I grabbed a dykes ring for an old OS 50 and a ring for an OS 46. Frank was very easy to deal with, looking forward to doing bussiness with his successor.

Calvi
Old 02-04-2017, 03:10 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

The new guys name is Bjorn Baal and his email address is [email protected]

Bjorn isn't up and running yet and already has a pile of orders to get filled, so be patient.
Old 04-14-2017, 09:01 PM
BjornBaal
My Feedback: (1)

[TABLE="class: tborder user-postbit-left-user, width: 100%, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD="class: alt2"]Hello everyone. I've been a long time member on RCU, RCG, FG and other RC sites. I'd like to take this time to properly introduce myself. As my screen name indicates, my name is Bjorn Baal. I'm married to my beautiful wife Emily and we have three awesome children. An 8 year old daughter who's a science wiz kid and twin 2 year old boys which are little wrecking balls. I've been involved in RC for about 15 years and more recently giant scale for the last 4 years. I met Frank many years ago and over this time he's been a wonderful friend and mentor to me. We've shared many stories about work and Frank's Vietnam experiences. I started my professional career as an aircraft mechanic on the East Coast and transitioned to the oil and gas industry here in north western New Mexico.

I approached Frank in January about buying his business. This has been something we have been thinking about since he mentioned closing his doors a few years ago. I have been very adamant to maintain the high level of quality and excellence that Frank has been known for with his rings and overall engine expertise. I want to assure everyone that I will be using every one of Frank's techniques and processes, from material selection to machine work to the heat treating process.

I've been in production since February and thought I'd do a proper introduction here. I have already filled several orders for OS and Saito's primarily, which are the popular lines. A few Webra's, K&B's, have been sent out as well. We don't have a website but that is in the future plans. We have streamlined our shipping from when we started and have worked up a decent stock from when we started.

I am not a vendor on here, but as Frank mentioned in the introduction, please contact me @ [email protected] as we look forward to continuing serving the RC community and keeping Franks legacy going.

Thank you again
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: user-postbit-bottom-user"]

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Old 04-15-2017, 04:30 AM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Welcome Bjorn, I have a success story concerning Frank's and now your piston rings. About 12 years I bought a new cylinder, piston and piston ring for a Webra .91. With the new items installed it had poor compression even after two hours of running. I contacted Frank and received one of his piston rings. The .91 had instant ABC like compression and still has. You'll be hearing from me when a need arises. I can tell the same story about my old Super Tigre 3000 and 4500.
Old 04-15-2017, 04:38 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Any chance a price list could be posted? I'll be looking for a ring for a ST series X .60 pattern engine and an Enya SS35 heli engine.
Old 04-15-2017, 09:11 AM
jeffie8696

Yay, now we can get rings again. I have several of them installed and those engines are the most reliable ones in my collection.
Old 04-15-2017, 11:05 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Originally Posted by jeffie8696
Yay, now we can get rings again. I have several of them installed and those engines are the most reliable ones in my collection.

Agreed. I just re-ringed my ST S90 last fall and I'm glad I did. It runs 300rpm better than it did on the OEM ring. .012" ring gap down to .0015".
Old 04-15-2017, 11:59 PM
BjornBaal

Originally Posted by 1QwkSport2.5r
Any chance a price list could be posted? I'll be looking for a ring for a ST series X .60 pattern engine and an Enya SS35 heli engine.
Sorry for the delay, for whatever reason I haven't been able to log in to respond. I'll post an updated ring list tomorrow.

Happy Easter everyone.
Old 04-16-2017, 12:00 AM
BjornBaal

Originally Posted by jeffie8696

Glad to do it and carry on Frank's hard work and legacy.
Old 04-16-2017, 04:41 PM
tony0707

Bjorn is commited to the same exact excellence that Frank the prior owner of this wonderful ring replacement company was
He is working closely with Frank who is a master of this craft

I had an engine that would now be a paper weight without this ring service
There was an issue with the size ring i needed for a Rossi 60 blackhead
Bjorn asked me to send him the piston and linner and he custom made me a ring for the engine
Priceless service

I have brought a number of OS ringed engines back to new performance with the rings that Frank provided in the past
Often just using one of Bjorns rings in most any RC engine will improve its performance a good deal
This applies to the DA and DLE series of gas engines
He can make a ring slightly larger to allow for normal sleeve wear to bring back compression to new

If you need a ring for most RC engines this man deserves your business as they are truly passionate RC people doing what they do to perfection
Keep your favorite RC engines running like new

( i am just a very satisfied customer and nothing more )

Enjoy
Old 04-16-2017, 10:49 PM
jeffie8696

Having someone to give and get information is a huge plus
Old 04-17-2017, 07:57 AM
BjornBaal

Originally Posted by 1QwkSport2.5r
Good morning
The ST X .60 is $12 and the Enya .35H is $12 as well. I don't have any onhand but can have them ready to ship Wednesday. Please send me an email to [email protected] for specifics
Old 04-17-2017, 08:00 AM
BjornBaal

Originally Posted by tony0707
Bjorn is commited to the same exact excellence that Frank the prior owner of this wonderful ring replacement company was
He is working closely with Frank who is a master of this craft

I had an engine that would now be a paper weight without this ring service
There was an issue with the size ring i needed for a Rossi 60 blackhead
Bjorn asked me to send him the piston and linner and he custom made me a ring for the engine
Priceless service

I have brought a number of OS ringed engines back to new performance with the rings that Frank provided in the past
Often just using one of Bjorns rings in most any RC engine will improve its performance a good deal
This applies to the DA and DLE series of gas engines
He can make a ring slightly larger to allow for normal sleeve wear to bring back compression to new

If you need a ring for most RC engines this man deserves your business as they are truly passionate RC people doing what they do to perfection
Keep your favorite RC engines running like new

( i am just a very satisfied customer and nothing more )

Enjoy
Wow Anthony, words really can't express my gratitude for such wonderful feedback. I pride myself on doing the best that I can at all times. Sometimes it takes a little longer but quality takes time. I really appreciate you taking the time to write your review. I look forward to working with you and everyone that needs this service in the future.
Old 04-17-2017, 11:59 AM
jeffie8696

I think a lot of us have had similar experiences over the years. It explains the shock of losing our best source of rings. My OS46SF went from almost no compression to an ABC level with a Bowman ring.
Old 04-24-2017, 08:48 AM
BjornBaal

Default Ring list, finally

Hello everyone, we finally finished the ring list. When we get the website up and running this will not be an issue. Please click on the Google drive link below for the list. Share it with your club members, or others who aren't online very often. If you have any questions please let me know.

List with pricing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzG...w?usp=drivesdk

Last edited by BjornBaal; 04-24-2017 at 07:41 PM.