Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Help with OS Wankel Engine

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2018, 11:59 AM
Keisuke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with OS Wankel Engine

Hello
I’m kind of new to this community so I have a couple of questions; I really love the Wankel engine and I really wanna have a more hands on approach ,Those plastic electric models are too childish so I was thinking of getting an OS Wankel Engine ,I might use it in the future but not now so I really don’t care what it’s power output is ,does anyone have any specific engine to suggest or willing to sell theirs ?

Also is there any other working Gasoline Wankel engine models that cost a bit less ,since the OS one out of production prices rise to 1000€?

Thank You!
Old 12-09-2018, 04:03 AM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

This won't help you much, but the joke used to be that the OS 30 Wankel was a 30 that had the power of a 40 and drank fuel like a 60. It's heavy and likes to scream with small props.
Old 01-09-2019, 08:42 AM
Stoneweapon

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Definitely not a beginner engine.

Check out this thread: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/glow...r-opinion.html
Old 01-09-2019, 06:56 PM
706jim

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There has to be a good reason why there are so few Wankel engines around. From what I've seen they don't sound particularly nice either. I'd prefer a 4 stroke myself.
Old 01-10-2019, 04:36 PM
H5606

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts

Tagging along for help.

No experience yet but have an airframe selected to put a late generation Wankel on simply because it looks like it will complement the design.

Instructions say a 320 cc tank for a 10 to 12 minute flight using throttle management - (as Hobbsy noted, that really is .60-size thirst!); a Sullivan RST-10 is only 295 cc's. Squeezing a large tank in may present a challenge for this design but looks possible based on cursory inspection...

Do I really need to use a 10 ounce or larger tank or could I get by with an 8 ounce? What about 6? Also wondering if the larger recommended prop sizes can help slow down fuel consumption.

Last edited by H5606; 01-10-2019 at 05:16 PM.
Old 01-12-2019, 09:03 AM
jaka

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi!
Of course you can use a 8oz tank and larger props (11x4, 11x5 or thereabout).
Old 01-26-2019, 03:23 PM
donnyman

Received 124 Likes on 97 Posts

I own several of the original wankels and wish I had more. All the negative comments I have read is pure bull! I flew mine in a royal kit b-25 it flew like a pattern bird with short takeoff runs quieter than standard 40's and just as powerful.
Maybe if more people would read the op instructions instead of second guessing the Manuf. they would have a better experience.

This is what i get when I purchase used wankels, so you can guess how it was used and cared for. I am on the look out for parts.