Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

Official notice about ASP, Magnum, and others.

Community
Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Official notice about ASP, Magnum, and others.

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2019, 10:05 AM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Official notice about ASP, Magnum, and others.

From "Just Engines" in the UK:

*UPDATE* Just to let you know that the sad news that the ASP factory has in fact closed and will not be reopening. This is a sad day for the Hobby in general. We are able continue to buy spares as long as their stocks last and will honour existing warranties as far as possible. As to the future, we will continue to give the great service you have come to expect supplying OS and NGH engines, in addition, we are now stocking Saitos again whilst exploring options for smaller 2 stoke glow engines. Most of you knew that the factory also produced SC, Magnum and Evolution as well Kyosho engines, these too will be affected.

Sanye Precision Machinery Co. was the name of the factory that made ASP, Magnum, SC, PH, RCV, Kyosho, Evolution engines. It's sad news indeed. Ironically, many of the USA and EU engine makers went out of business due to the low cost Asian engines. Now that resource has dried up as well. Thunder Tiger and Leo (makers of many rebranded engines) in Taiwan are also long gone.
Old 09-03-2020, 07:48 PM
javignacio

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

es una lastima que se hayan ido estas marcas, quizas alguien compre esta fabrica denuevo, pero es dificil. Quien esta por detras de tower hobbies en china ? es tower hobbies ? es una excelente marca, casi como la original made in usa y japon. Sds.
Old 03-19-2022, 11:08 PM
Flyboy Dave
My Feedback: (21)

Originally Posted by Kmot
From "Just Engines" in the UK:

*UPDATE* Just to let you know that the sad news that the ASP factory has in fact closed and will not be reopening. This is a sad day for the Hobby in general. We are able continue to buy spares as long as their stocks last and will honour existing warranties as far as possible. As to the future, we will continue to give the great service you have come to expect supplying OS and NGH engines, in addition, we are now stocking Saitos again whilst exploring options for smaller 2 stoke glow engines. Most of you knew that the factory also produced SC, Magnum and Evolution as well Kyosho engines, these too will be affected.

Sanye Precision Machinery Co. was the name of the factory that made ASP, Magnum, SC, PH, RCV, Kyosho, Evolution engines. It's sad news indeed. Ironically, many of the USA and EU engine makers went out of business due to the low cost Asian engines. Now that resource has dried up as well. Thunder Tiger and Leo (makers of many rebranded engines) in Taiwan are also long gone.
Well, Tom... I'm late to the dance... but that sucks much.
Old 03-20-2022, 09:19 AM
Jesse Open

Received 92 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Flyboy Dave
Well, Tom... I'm late to the dance... but that sucks much.
I recall an analysis/prediction from an old O.S/Saito bashing ASP fanboy just a few years ago. He predicted that ASP would be the survivor, making engines long after Saito, O.S. had gone under

I still run methanol anyhow.

Grains of salt.

But I will miss ASP none the less.
Old 03-20-2022, 10:24 AM
Flyboy Dave
My Feedback: (21)

Yep... the ASP engines were as good as any others..
I still have some. The Magnums were good engines too.
I also like the K&B engines using OS and Magnum carbs,
and of course the OS engines... and the YS supercharged 4-strokes.

Last edited by Flyboy Dave; 03-20-2022 at 12:17 PM.