Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

OS .65 locks up?

Old 07-09-2019, 03:54 AM
bcatone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS .65 locks up?

I have the glow plug removed and engine turns over smoothly with no bearing noise. It ran great last time out but am installing in new plane now. As I tighten prop the engine becomes more and more locked up as if it is binding. If I tighten up prop all the way the engine is completely locked.. It seems as if instead of the prop simply tightening up against the grooved inner stop piece it is pulling the crank tight against the bearing till it locks up engine whats up I am missing?
Old 07-09-2019, 04:55 AM
bcatone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for being so quick to ask this question. I had an old .60 OS that I had apart and found that I am missing the thick washer that fits in the back of the part that your prop tightens up against.in this motor in question. without that washer it tightens up against the front bearing instead of the washer..

Last edited by bcatone; 07-09-2019 at 04:57 AM. Reason: trying to make better sense of my reply
Old 07-09-2019, 05:46 AM
aspeed

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad we could help. We didn't even have to get out of bed.
Old 07-09-2019, 12:43 PM
CHassan
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same issue with an OS 55. Still dont remember if I lost it or if it was missing from the start.
Tower Hobbies was quick to send me a new one.
Granted this was 6 or 7 years ago.