Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

YS110 engine help needed

Old 05-09-2020, 05:40 PM
ahdofu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YS110 engine help needed

This engine was in storage for a while (~ 3 years) and today I noticed that it has no compression. In checking the rocker arms I see that the intake valve is stuck open. I put some penetrant oil on it but I suspect I may have to pull the head and work the valve from inside. I may need to do this anyway as the intake push rod does not move so in removing the head I will be able to remove the intake push rod cover and free the intake "cam follower". Since I have never disassembled a YS engines, does anyone have any guides on how to do it?
Thanks in advance,
Matt
Old 05-10-2020, 10:03 AM
ahdofu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well ended up pulling the head and the cam shaft. Managed to free the stuck intake cam follower and the intake valve, cleaned them up and put the engine back together. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be. Ran the engine and all seems to be OK.
Matt