Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2022, 06:10 PM
TheEdge
Banned
My Feedback: (788)

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Rossi engine designation

Does anyone recognize this motor and if so, could you help with its designation
I found R 40T used in one search but it does not yield any other hits using that designation which leads me to believe it isn't exactly accurate.
Thank you in advance for your help.

Old 02-15-2022, 03:41 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

I don’t know the exact designation, but I believe that’s an AXE Rossi which is different than the traditional black head “Rossi” name/engines. There were 3 or 4 different family members of the Rossi family that split off to make engines. That’s about all I know - sorry it’s not much help.
Old 02-20-2022, 04:59 AM
1967brutus

Received 76 Likes on 71 Posts

There were only two brothers, Ugo and Cesare. They split up in 1982 and Ugo kept the Rossi brand, Cesare split off and continued under the NovaRossi brandname. At some point in time Ugo's son Alessandro (I believe) took over his fathers company and changed the name to AXE Rossi. But other than regular development, he did not change anything basic to the engines AFAIK. Therefore to my knowledge the AXE Rossi's were just regular Rossi's but the Alessandro fancied colourful anodizing a bit more than the boring black.

But I have never understood much of their type designations. So I cannot really help out there either.
I would just run it. All Rossi engines are brilliant runners IMHO.
Old 04-13-2022, 11:15 PM
Tphage

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think your designation is correct as a different one I saw on Ebay a few years ago ( red and blue box version ) was also designated the same as yours with an identical sticker on the box " 41 R 40 T ".