Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

mufflers

Old 06-21-2022, 07:41 AM
A1RENCH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mufflers

hello
gentelman I have multiple vintage control line planes from >o.49 to .35's that belonged to my Dad and I. they are all still in good shape and run great. I would love to fly them with my son. Problem is they were made before mufflers became normal and I can't find a way to fit them. some of them don't have room for a muffler. If anybody has solved this problem I'd love some advice.
Thanks
Bud
Old 06-21-2022, 06:26 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts

Some engines can be fitted with strap-on type mufflers. There were OEM strap type mufflers as well as some aftermarket units from various manufacturers. If you can list off the engines you’re looking to add mufflers to, someone could point you into a direction to fix up at least some of them. The little guys in the .049-.074 size can be tricky as some cannot be retrofitted with a muffler while others can. Pictures would be helpful on the little ones especially, but any of them pictured would help with finding solutions for also.
Old 06-22-2022, 04:31 AM
rgburrill

Received 59 Likes on 55 Posts

I had an older Fox 40 on my first plane. I used a Dubro strap-on muffler for it. I was still too loud.