Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Dynamite .28 DYNE0571 idle and temp

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2023, 12:44 PM
bigdogkanicsar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dynamite .28 DYNE0571 idle and temp

I have a dynamite .28 it idles ok but sometimes seems varied. I’m definitely not new to nitro. I was the nitro repair tech at my local Hobbytown for six years however it’s been since 2018 since I’ve played with nitro. It seems that this .28 is super touchy when adjusting low end. What is a good temp for this engine on high end?some engines in the past seemed to run fantastic between 235 and 245 still with ample smoke. This engine seems to have ample smoke at high end but at 239-250 . I’m 11 tanks in but after tuning high end it cuts out when I get of throttle but starts right back up.

I have to scratch the needing information. It seems that the PDF manual I download it initially only had the first two pages. I literally just found another eight pages that had all the information I was looking for. Turns out I was in operating temps the whole time and I’m pretty sure things will be much better. Thank you for anybody’s help.

Last edited by bigdogkanicsar; 09-10-2023 at 01:37 PM. Reason: New information found
The following users liked this post:
Jesse the mes (02-04-2024)
Old 09-12-2023, 03:01 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 77 Likes on 70 Posts

Only use temp for reference; do NOT tune the engine to run at a specific temp.

Dynamite, LRP, SH, XTM, and the other SH manufactured variants all run similar. They will run a bit hotter than a Novarossi will. My stock SH .28 would run 260-275°F whereas my Novarossi .28s will run 230°F. Always start with both needles rich and work lean. If you’re already over-lean, you’ll need to let it cool down and start over. Set the high speed so it just runs clean at WOT only. If you’re rich, it’ll blubber and rev slow. Make 1/16 turn adjustments until it *just* cleans out and runs smooth to WOT. Set the low speed so you get a two-step idle. After a WOT run, it should snap to idle immediately, and after a few seconds, drop a little lower idle rpm. This is a slightly rich idle - to provide a little extra fuel down low after a hard WOT run. This is especially necessary if using a HOT plug. I’d suggest a medium heat plug and still tune for a 2-step idle. It should be slightly loaded up after idling for 6-8 seconds but still clean out. If it quits on throttle up, it will be slightly too rich if you punch it hard.

Don’t use basher fuel; it has too much oil in it. Use fuel with no more than 12% oil and is a castor/synthetic blend. 20% nitro is ideal. They won’t use 30% efficiently, so it’s a waste to go that high. Medium heat plugs that are good are Novarossi C6S, McCoy MC8, Oronnells SS ODO0002. These are standard plugs. If it takes a Turbo plug, a Novarossi CTO6 or C6TGC would be my go-to.
Old 09-15-2023, 05:57 PM
bigdogkanicsar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I appreciate your help.