Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Thunder Tiger Pro 120 parts help

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2024, 02:04 PM
greasymechtech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thunder Tiger Pro 120 parts help

Trying to revive an engine and need a carburetor, or the parts to rebuild this OE one.

Is there an available aftermarket carb that I could use in place of the stock carb?

Around here most hobby shops have closed down. I plan on a trip to one next week about 100 miles away.

Also could use an owners manual or parts list for this engine, pdf/pictures...

If anyone knows where I can get a new or compatible carb, please help.

Haven't been in the hobby for over a decade and would like to start flying again. I see that much as changed and many companies went bankrupt.

Old 02-04-2024, 09:56 AM
jaka54

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

What neck diameter is it? I have MVVS carbs.
Old 02-05-2024, 06:46 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

Firstly, what is the problem with your carb that came with the engine? There isn’t much to rebuilding it, really. At most, replacing the o-rings on the needle valves is about all you can replace. Most of the time, they just need to be taken apart and cleaned out. Some guys use acetone, other guys use xylene or other exotic spirits. I just heat it up good so it’s moving freely, get it apart, and soak in methylated spirits or acetone. Personally, I like acetone best. After a thorough soaking, blow the parts out with compressed air and reassemble. Add a little light oil if you’re not going to run it for awhile.

As Jan mentioned; post the neck size and the bore of the carb. Someone may have a suitable replacement if you don’t want to mess with the original carb (though there is likely nothing wrong with it mechanically. Personally, I would find a SuperTigre carb if you can find one that’s the right size. They are quite possibly one of the best carburetors ever made.

Old 02-13-2024, 05:06 PM
RCoffroadracer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

last time I looked on radicalRC website they had a few thunder tiger engines. but he wanted an absurd price for them. even more than the msrp from thunder tiger. I'd say call them and they might be able to work you a deal. he's a nice guy. they operate a public store in dayton ohio also. https://www.radicalrc.com/