Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

TT 46 Pro - Loose low needle?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2003, 11:05 AM
RiffRaff
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TT 46 Pro - Loose low needle?

I was benching my son's TT 46 Pro yesterday after he crashed his plane a couple of weeks ago and I noticed that the low idle neddle is very loose. It takes almost NO effort to turn the needle with a screw driver. It seems so loose that even vibration would possibly cause it to rotate. Is this normal? If not, what can be done? I had never adjusted the low needle on this engine before as an instructor did it for him the first time and had no real reaason to mess with it until yesterday when I was bench tuning the engine. It only has about 3/4 gallon run through it.

Thanks for your advice!

RiffRaff
Old 10-01-2003, 12:48 PM
RiffRaff

Default RE: TT 46 Pro - Loose low needle?

I was told that the needle woult tighten after running. Does this sound correct?
Old 10-01-2003, 05:27 PM
djlyon

I doubt it will tighten after running and I've never seen it happen. The loose fit on the idle needle of a pro carb is typical and vibration can make it move. I've had them screw all the way in and prevent the carb from closing and then causing the engine to shut down lean. I just use the pro 40 and I just use it for pylon racing. So I just lock tite the needle at full rich and run with it. I don't need or want to have a good idle.

I know that doesn't help you but I think the only thing you can do is keep replacing "O" rings or try lock tite.

I'm sure somebody hear has a better idea than that.

Denis
Old 10-02-2003, 02:49 PM
RiffRaff

Thanks for the reply!

At least I know I'm not crazy, Or...