Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

MVVS .49 Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2002, 11:50 PM
rcpileit-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MVVS .49 Question

I have a brand new MVVS .49 that I just removed from the box and plastic bag this week. I have had this item a little over a year and am now ready to break in and install in a Morris Knife. The drive washer free turns on the crankshaft with no sign of a pin / key to hold it in place. Is this normal? I have yet to bolt on a prop and tighten the prop nut but, I can not see how this would keep the drivewasher from not spinning freely on the crankshaft. Am I wrong?

George
Old 04-28-2002, 12:56 AM
TheEdge
Banned
My Feedback: (788)

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Tapered sleeve

You may have answered your own question by now.

It has a tapered sleeve that when tightend up against the crank it locks.

Put a prop on it and check it out
Old 04-28-2002, 02:50 AM
fiery
My Feedback: (2)

Default MVVS 49

Edge is right. It should have a split cone collett. This fits between the prop driver and the crankcase.

Hope you enjoy your 49. They are a fine motor. Go easy on the nitro (5% max), use a cool plug, break in as per standard ABC routine and you should do fine. They like some castor in the fuel too. I use 20% lube in mine, 50:50 Castor/Synth.

Thread lock on the muffler screws also helps stop them backing out (and the muffler falling off) in flight too. No prizes for guessing how I learnt that one!

fiery
Old 04-28-2002, 12:41 PM
rcpileit-RCU

Default Thanks!!

Thanks for the responses. This is the first engine I have that is set up this way and I was unsure as to how this setup works.
Again---Thanks!!

:stupid: George