Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

HP 1.20 twin

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2002, 07:37 PM
Red Raider
My Feedback: (86)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HP 1.20 twin

I just acquired an HP 1.2 inline twin. I used to run their .21's. They were great engines. I suspect that this engine is probably a good one too. Does anyone have any experience with this engine, or know who keeps parts for them?
Old 05-04-2002, 12:04 AM
dennis
My Feedback: (90)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default HP 1.20 twin

RJL is the source of parts for this motor. It is an alternate fireing twin, which means that it is LOUD. Headers and mufflers are a custom deal and no matter what you use it's ugly. Do not try and have a 2 into 1 exhaust on this motor it will not work and you will damage it.
Old 05-15-2003, 01:05 AM
lookinup

Default HP 1.20 twin

I would love to see a pic of this engine and would like to know your experience with it as I am contemplating getting one.
Thanks
Old 05-15-2003, 01:58 AM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
Default HP 120

I picked one up at Joe Nall last year and don't quite know what to do with it for that exact reason. A Macs tuned pipe header for a Fox Eagle .74 will fit, I have an offset one for marine use and it would tuck right underneath the rear one if I could find a standard one for the rear cylinder, but no one has one anywhere. Everyone says, yeah, that's a good part number but no one has it.
Old 06-10-2003, 11:28 PM
crrcboatz
My Feedback: (34)

Default HP 1.20 twin

I recently bought a very nice used one. Have rotated one cylinder so exhaust is on each side now. Have marine headers ordered and already have Mac tuned pipes for it. Plan to put cool clamps on it and with 15% nitro put it in a cat or rigger for a FUN boat!! Mine is ringed and I have found the workmanship to be very good in this engine. This is supposed be a high torque engine and at 4+horsepower should make some things happen!!!!

Curt