Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

TT 91 FS Crankshaft to short

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2003, 10:48 PM
davidm
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TT 91 FS Crankshaft to short

I am trying to finish up a Hanger 9 Mustang with a TT91FS, and discovered that that the crankshaft threaded area is way to short for my CB Spinner,and prop.
I have a Master Airscrew 14/6 K Series prop for it. Would hate to be stuck with a Mustang without a spinner, just dosent look very good.
Any suggestions? Does anyone have a TT91 FS with a Spinner on it and what brand, or am I just screwed?
The prop will only fit with just the prop washer, nut and safety nut.

David
Old 11-08-2003, 10:56 PM
88xlh
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: TT 91 FS Crankshaft to short

i had a similar problem with the RCV 60 sp on a gp-40 stang. in my application with the back plate on the locknut protruded past the crank about 5 turns. What i did was fit a threaded rod in there & then put my spinner nut on the threaded rod. The rod was short enough to allow the spinner nut to tighten up against the lock nut. Used blue locktite on everything & it held fine. Wouldn't want to use an electric starter on the spinner on htis arrangement though.
Old 11-09-2003, 02:30 AM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used a Tru Turn short shaft adapter on mine. They have several, and I don't recall the number right off hand, but maybe someone else will chime in? If not, I'll have a look and get back to ya...
Old 11-09-2003, 03:36 PM
Chinooker

You may want to try a prop that has a thinner hub too. I personally prefer APC for all of my 4 strokes. They seen to do better. A 14x6 will work perfect with your TT .91.
Old 11-10-2003, 11:47 AM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The MA black plastic props are way too thick, Saito and OS have the same problem. I think Tru Turn make some extension shafts work like the suggestion made by 88xlh.
Old 11-10-2003, 11:21 PM
davidm
My Feedback: (18)

My CB spinner nut alone with the prop washer will work, Ill just tighten it the best I can without locktite.
Thanks for the replys.

David