Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

TT engines

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2002, 11:17 AM
dennis
My Feedback: (90)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default TT engines

In truth Thunder Tigre has at least admitted that there were some problems with their motors and have continuously refined and improved them from their introduction quite a few years ago. The biggest complaints with the TT36 heli was the carb which did have problems, It seems that the seals on the low speed needles were prone to disintegrating real fast and it gave you fits looking for an air leak.
However the newer series has been greatly improved the carb works perfectly and the motor certainly has more power then the os 32 SX and cost less to boot.
As to OS they have had their share of bad motors in the 50 years that they have been selling here,but they have never admitted that they made a bad one. Witness the ongoing problems with peeling liners in their FX series. Inevitabily if you need to send it in they will say that it was your fault not theirs.
In all honesty most motors today are worlds better then what was available even 20 years ago. CNC machinery just makes the fit and finish of todays offerings superb. Now the catch is the people using that equipment have to know what they are doing, give the Chinese another few years and they will get their act really together. Of course then the prices will go up dramatically too.
Old 05-22-2002, 11:51 AM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default TT engines

Amen, Brother Dennis
Old 05-23-2002, 05:18 PM
FCC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TT engines

Whats the reason for this explanation...

Are you paid by TT or sponsered...
Old 05-23-2002, 06:31 PM
dennis
My Feedback: (90)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default TT engines

Can you believe that I [posted this as a response to another thread and hit the wrong icon. Posted it as a new thread. Yes I should get so lucky to be paid by any of the majors for endorsing their products
Old 05-23-2002, 10:08 PM
Volfy
My Feedback: (23)

Default TT engines

When a company commands premium prices for their products based on the prestige of its established brand name, they will go to great lengths to protect that prestige.

Mercedes Benz to this day denies its sub compact A-cars had a roll-over problem, even though the behavior originally discovered by an European auto magazine has subsequently been indenpendently verified. Soon after the fiasco, MB quietly retuned the suspension to make it more more roll resistant. Hmmm... no problem, huh?

I have great respect for O.S. as a leader in technical innovation. However, their status as the de facto premier model engine manufacturer hardly makes them infalible. Their arrogance in refusing to acknowledge obvious design flaws continues to be a put-off for me. This is my personal opinion, of course, and should not be taken as fact. I know plenty of folks who have absolutely zero problem and are very happy with their OS engine. And that is just fine. Personally, I just don't want to contribute to the demand that continue to allow them to overpice many of their engines. Especially when very good engines are available elsewhere.

My $0.02.
Old 05-24-2002, 12:20 AM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TT engines

The result of there arrogance is Thunder Tiger engines.

Originally posted by Volfy
When a company commands premium prices for their products based on the prestige of its established brand name, they will go to great lengths to protect that prestige.

Mercedes Benz to this day denies its sub compact A-cars had a roll-over problem, even though the behavior originally discovered by an European auto magazine has subsequently been indenpendently verified. Soon after the fiasco, MB quietly retuned the suspension to make it more more roll resistant. Hmmm... no problem, huh?

I have great respect for O.S. as a leader in technical innovation. However, their status as the de facto premier model engine manufacturer hardly makes them infalible. Their arrogance in refusing to acknowledge obvious design flaws continues to be a put-off for me. This is my personal opinion, of course, and should not be taken as fact. I know plenty of folks who have absolutely zero problem and are very happy with their OS engine. And that is just fine. Personally, I just don't want to contribute to the demand that continue to allow them to overpice many of their engines. Especially when very good engines are available elsewhere.

My $0.02.
Old 05-24-2002, 10:17 AM
Jazzy

Default TT engines

Excellent Dennis and Volfy!

I swore off of O.S. the very first time I saw all the propaganda in Tower's catalog. (That doesn't mean I won't buy one if they have exactly what I need and no one olse does.)

Demanding perfection is a personal attitude.
Expecting perfection does not allow for human error.