Magnum Engines?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 11:39 PM
suzonka
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Magnum Engines?

ORIGINAL: ghostrider168

I have a Magnum FS 120. I wanted to mount it inverted with a slimeline pitts muffler. However, Slimeline doesn’t make muffler for Magnum. They make an inverted pitts muffler for the OS 120. I understand the Magnum is a knock-off OS. Will this intended OS muffler work on my Magnum? Thanks in advance for your input. I wrote and called Slimeline but no answer. Seems like they are very busy.
can I use a muffler from a os 40 on a magnum 46?
Old 08-17-2008, 05:57 PM
steamer401

can anyone tell me were too buy a new head gasket for my 1.08 magnum XL 2 stroke seems I need a new one Im realy at a loss right now because it came with the plane so I dont have the catalog for reordering parts and I need a starting point thanks in advance Trent [email protected]
Old 08-17-2008, 06:20 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

http://www.hobbypeople.net/

You will have to call them. The 108 is not currently being sold.

The ASP 108 is the same engine and a source would be

www.justengines.unseen.org

They are in Britain and you communication would be cheaper over the net but shipp ing is about as fast as from Hobby People
Old 08-17-2008, 06:25 PM
w8ye

Most 40/46 magnum and OS mufflers are interchangeable as long as you stay away from the OS FP and LA series
Old 08-17-2008, 09:10 PM
suzonka

ORIGINAL: w8ye

Most 40/46 magnum and OS mufflers are interchangeable as long as you stay away from the OS FP and LA series
thanks w8YE,, YOUR RIGHT i JUST REPLACED THE MUFFLER WITH AN OLDER OS AND IT DID FIT , YOU DO HAVE TO MAKE SURE THE EXSHAUST PORT IS LONG ENOUNGH TO ACCOMADATE THE ENGIN , THATS IT.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:26 AM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The latter two engines share the same mounting dimensions as the OS.32F/SX engines. I'm sure Jim knows this, but some of you may not.

Ed Cregger
Old 08-18-2008, 11:22 AM
suzonka

ORIGINAL: Ed Cregger

The latter two engines share the same mounting dimensions as the OS.32F/SX engines. I'm sure Jim knows this, but some of you may not.

Ed Cregger
thanks ,thats good to know that a OS 32 fx has an elongated exhaust port like its larger 40 and 46 brothers
Old 08-21-2008, 07:36 PM
lil abner
My Feedback: (1)

i just bought a magnum xls46 and haven't run it yet. how did you seal the carb in case i have problems and it came with the remote to put the needle valve to the back of the engine. some say putting the needle valve to the back of the engine works fine and others say leave it right on the carb. thanks for your help.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:53 PM
w8ye

Using an adjustable wrench, carefully loosen and remove the plug from the side of the carburetor.
Carefully loosen and remove the needle valve assembly (including the clear gaskets) from the rear
needle valve mount. Carefully thread the needle valve assembly (with the clear gaskets in place)
into the side of the carburetor and tighten it securely using an adjustable wrench.
The above is a quote from the manual. Someone must have lost the plug?
Old 08-21-2008, 10:06 PM
suzonka

ORIGINAL: lil abner

i just bought a magnum xls46 and haven't run it yet. how did you seal the carb in case i have problems and it came with the remote to put the needle valve to the back of the engine. some say putting the needle valve to the back of the engine works fine and others say leave it right on the carb. thanks for your help.
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

I would leave it up front, once you set it ,it stays pretty accurate for a while unless you change fuels or something to up set the fuel flow, youll be looking for a leak if you change it to the rear.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:18 AM
ggale
My Feedback: (6)

I just installed a magnum 91 rfs in a tiger 60, which had a thunder tiger 91 in it for many years.(bearing finally gave out in the tt) I have used 14 6 prop in both. The TT was very reliable, the magnum runs great and seems to have a little more power (although it is much newer) So far, have had to fix a leaky needle valve with a new o ring (home made with silicon fuel tubing). otherwise, these two engines seem to be pretty equal.
Old 09-06-2008, 08:47 PM
mkindrich

I am having a problem with my .91 2 stroke magnum. It runs great at the start and then it heats up to about 250 degrees. i cant dial the mixture down any more or it runs too rich. the engine stalls at idle and when i try to re-start it, it feels like it has less compression. any ideas...i have a few but want to hear from others?
Old 11-09-2009, 12:55 PM
MJPLUTZ

[:@] PURCHASED 2 MAGNUM 30 FOUR STROKS AND DURING THE BREAK IN, ONE OF THE TWO STARTED TO SQUEEK. SHORTLY AFTER THAT THE DOG GONE ENGINE BLEW UP. THE CAM BEARING CAME APART AND DESTROYED THE ENGINE ON IT'S SECOND TANK OF FUEL.

I RETURNED BOTH ENGINES BEING THEY WERE GOING ON A TWIN ENGINE PLANE AND BOUGHT OS ENGINES. A BRAND YOU CAN TRUST.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:59 PM
asmund

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: MJPLUTZ

[:@] PURCHASED 2 MAGNUM 30 FOUR STROKS AND DURING THE BREAK IN, ONE OF THE TWO STARTED TO SQUEEK. SHORTLY AFTER THAT THE DOG GONE ENGINE BLEW UP. THE CAM BEARING CAME APART AND DESTROYED THE ENGINE ON IT'S SECOND TANK OF FUEL.

That`s a new one, never heard of that before[sm=eek.gif]

I RETURNED BOTH ENGINES BEING THEY WERE GOING ON A TWIN ENGINE PLANE AND BOUGHT OS ENGINES. A BRAND YOU CAN TRUST.

Not always, that`s for sure You are new here, but in time you will see that there`s no guarantee for success just because you buy OS. Their ringed engines are still good, and the fourstrokes apart from the Ultimate 70 and FL 70 are also good.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:25 PM
The Ghost

ORIGINAL: aatiger

Hello All,

Has anyone had any experience with the Magnum 1.6? Thanks

Allan
Allan are you talking about the twin. Yes and it is a power house motor. I have converted mine over to spark ign as the price of Glow plugs are too high. Better idle and acceleration.

Cheers
Old 05-21-2010, 03:03 PM
smallfri1983

hey I have two  yes (2) of there .91 four stroke magnum XL engines.  very easy to set out of the box,  they run GREAT  never any major issues with them     great motors for the money. 
Old 05-22-2010, 07:48 AM
NM2K

And those are interchangeable with the OS .25 thru .37 sized mufflers.

Ed Cregger
Old 06-14-2011, 06:28 PM
savage21rocker01

The magnum .52 XLSis a beauty. My friend has one on a Rc airboat with a APC 11x8 pusher and it is awsome. No problems at all, i actually just bought a Magnum .46 XLS off of him for 50 bucks and the only thing he did was break it in, im just wating to get a prop, then im starting construction on a rc airboat. Any body got a 10x8 pusher prop they dont want?
Old 06-15-2011, 07:05 AM
NM2K

You really don't need that much pitch. Six inches of pitch would be just right for both your and your friend's airboat engines and your engines would run cooler.

Ed Cregger
Old 06-17-2011, 08:31 PM
submikester
My Feedback: (6)

Hey Ed - do you have a Magnum 120RFS? I have one new in the box and am wondering how they perform.

I have a UCD 60 that I have to choose between the 120 and a 91RFS. I'm leaning heavily toward the 91 just because of the warnings from GP and the weight of the 120 but...

Old 06-18-2011, 06:04 PM
NM2K

ORIGINAL: submikester

Hey Ed - do you have a Magnum 120RFS? I have one new in the box and am wondering how they perform.

I have a UCD 60 that I have to choose between the 120 and a 91RFS. I'm leaning heavily toward the 91 just because of the warnings from GP and the weight of the 120 but...

I had several of those over the years. They were unspectacular in power, but held up well otherwise. I never rely on Magnum four-strokes for high end performance. You have to pay lots more to get that in an engine. However, their two-stroke .52 bluehead is a real screamer, for the price.

I get confused with the Magnum lettering system for identifying models of their engines, so get a good laugh out of my mistake if I have made one. I would have...

Ed Cregger
Old 06-19-2011, 08:36 PM
the Wasp

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

dang, Magnum guys, I broke a Valve Spring on my Son's Mag 180 4st ,,, heehee but this gives me a great opportunity to remove one of the Head Shims for 15% [8D],,

so I was doing a very slow and tight right hand circle with using the rudder (Cermark Edge), and as it came around to down wind the Tail Wings stalled and the Tail came up and it went almost straight down, just as I got the lift back it pancaked in the high grass (wont do that again for sure) and of-course the prop stopped dead,, a bit of glue and bend the struts back straight and back in the air and after a few minutes the Engine quit,,, Broken Valve Spring,,

I don't have the Spring compressor so I can't do it myself, but I have the Head off now and I will send it in to have the Springs replaced..

Jim
Old 06-20-2011, 01:46 AM
the pope

ORIGINAL: the Wasp

I don't have the Spring compressor so I can't do it myself, but I have the Head off now and I will send it in to have the Springs replaced..

Jim
Howdy there while I have no experience with mag 4 strokes I would be surprised if u couldnt do them at home. Have u tried and found them too stiff or is there some other thing stopping u. Not having a go at u just curious. Cheers the pope
Old 06-20-2011, 11:08 AM
the Wasp

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

yes, I was thinking I could just take and drill a hole in some sheet metal to hold down the Spring Retainer to get to the Clips, I will order the new Springs tomorrow

Jim
Old 06-20-2011, 02:25 PM
KLXMASTER14

14,070 RPM .61 XLS, Mac's 10cc Quiet Pipe, 15% Cool Power, 11-7 APC prop. 15 minutes run time.

@ 3 hours total time, 14,220 RPM.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay73260.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	1625731  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.