Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Thunder Tiger GP .42

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2004, 08:31 PM
Canuck1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thunder Tiger GP .42

I am looking for some break in, instructions for a TT GP .42 engine. The engine has only about 8 oz of 10% fuel through it. I just need some information on the correct way to break in this engine. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I do know that the engine was run on the rich side prior to me aquiring it.

Craig.
Old 03-02-2004, 09:48 PM
Chig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thunder Tiger GP .42

ORIGINAL: Canuck1

I am looking for some break in, instructions for a TT GP .42 engine. The engine has only about 8 oz of 10% fuel through it. I just need some information on the correct way to break in this engine. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I do know that the engine was run on the rich side prior to me aquiring it.

Craig.
There is a thread specifically about run in procedures, see what you can dig up in a search. As for my results after reading it... I started with the needle out 2 and a half turns. No adjustment of the air bleed, it is at the shipped setting, about halfway over the hole as I recall. I Ran my TT GP .42 wide open for 10 seconds and let it cool. Then ran it 5 seconds longer each time till it ran for a minute. The engine was noticeably tight out of the box and took some flying time after the run in to really come in. It has about 15 hours on it now and impresses everyone at the field each time a new guy asks what it is. The needle is currently at 2 and one quarter turns out plus or minus a couple clicks.
Old 03-03-2004, 10:14 AM
Gene Chernosky
My Feedback: (182)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Thunder Tiger GP .42

If you don't have this, get it...10% nitro fuel with 20% lube (50/50 castor/synth is best); put an APC 9x6 on it. Start it and run the Hell out of it for two minutes...not full lean but a couple clicks richer than that. Then put an APC 10x6 on it, go to full lean and open the needle valve up about 4-5 clicks...run it through 2-3 eight ounce tankfuls at this setting...FULL throttle! OK...it's ready to go to a plane now.