Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

YS 63 in a FuntanS - throttle servo config

Community
Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

YS 63 in a FuntanS - throttle servo config

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 03:38 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default YS 63 in a FuntanS - throttle servo config

The throttle does not line up very well on this ARF using the YS 63. I made my own servo box to the left of the supplied servo box because my throttle is on the left side on my engine. Also the engine's throttle control arm is closer to the top of the firewall instead of the bottom. So my throttle rod tube has to bend up to go around the top of my wing (I used thin ply and CA to brace the tube up towards the canopy). I used a flexible thin rod with teflon powder and it's pretty smooth inside the tube. Hopefully it will stay smooth.

Is there a better way to do this? I think the Saito's carb cab be turned to avoid this. Can anything be done with the YS63? I personally prefer the YS over the Saito.
Old 04-14-2004, 10:08 PM
majortom-RCU
My Feedback: (40)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: YS 63 in a FuntanS - throttle servo config

Joe, I don't have the Funtana so I can't help with specific recommendations for that model, but there is some flexibility with moving the throttle arm so it points up or down--just loosen the hex-head screw in the middle of the throttle arm hub (2mm hex driver, I believe), rotate the arm the other way if that's any help, re-tighten and do your linkage.

I have done a few YS63 throttle hookups, and usually end up going with a small diameter music wire (.03--.04 or 1/32") that with a Z-bend in the front end will just wiggle into the plastic arm without enlarging the hole in the arm, and it's just heavy enough to drive the arm without warping when in push mode. I run this inside an outer nyrod tube, but a piece of 1/8" diameter antenna tube would also work, and maybe be a little more flexible for bending around an obstruction such a fuel tank or whatever.

I connect the wire to the servo arm with one of the little set-screw links (whatever their trade name is--EZ link?). The wire gauge is too thin for the set screw to bite into, so I solder about a 1" length of brass tubing over the wire in the area where the link will be, and tighten the set screw to the tubing.