Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

New OS 46LA that wont idle...HELP PLEASE

Community
Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

New OS 46LA that wont idle...HELP PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2003, 10:01 AM
moedee58

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New OS 46LA that wont idle...HELP PLEASE

I have a new OS 46LA installed in a Flip 3D. After break in the engine, it wont idle and transition from mid to
high is a little sluggish. Runs great at top end.I have adjusted the air fuel screw at carb anywhere from closed to almost falling out. Still having the same problem. According to OS, if the engine increases RPM as the nose is raised, open screw 1/2 turn at a time until it is ok. I have done that. I have re-checked and replace fuel tank and lines. No problems found. I have good pressure from exhaust to tank. Good fuel flow to carb without much effort. Been scratching my head over this one for a month or so. I hope someone here has had similar problems and has found a correction. My thanks to anyone who can help.
Old 06-08-2003, 12:57 PM
ballgunner
My Feedback: (1)

The OS carburetors are usually quite easy to adjust and very reliable. The Tower .46 has the same design carb and I know there have been many problems with it due to burrs on the rotor. Although OS has a very good system for CNC machiningg there engines it is possible that somewhere in the assembly process someone goofed. It's worth a look in any case. Thethrottle arm may not indicate any binding but a little burr can still cause a problem.
Old 06-08-2003, 10:46 PM
moedee58

Thanks Ballgunner.....I'll try anything at this point.....will let you know what i find.
Old 06-13-2003, 04:09 PM
RaceCity

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Uh.....

Hard to go wrong with an air bleed carb. A classic symptom of spoiled fuel is "no idle...poor acceleration"

Just for fun...get a FRESH gallon of fuel and try again.

A new plug might not hurt either. Weird things happen when either isn't quite right.

Good Luck

'Nite

PS: It only takes a few minutes exposure to humid air for a gallon of fuel to be ruined by moisture. Keep that stuff sealed tight!!!!!
Old 06-15-2003, 09:59 AM
moedee58

Maybe someone can tell me if I am using the right fuel.....15% nitro and 18% oil. Also tried new fuel,glow plug, etc. Thanks
Old 06-15-2003, 02:08 PM
RaceCity

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The fuel "blend" seems ok. A little high on the nitro IMO, but....

Even the "best" fuel spoils virtually instantly when exposed to moisture. Leave that jug/can open to the atmosphere for a few minutes (esp: humid day) and that's it. Alcohol (main ingredient) in Glow Fuel is extremely hygroscopic...that means it absorbs water. Water will cause your engine all sorts of problems.

Seriously...a few drops of water in a gallon and that's all she wrote.

Get a fresh gallon of fuel (same brand...maybe a little less nitro) and try again from scratch.

Set the needles just like the instructions say and then work from there.

'Nite.