Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

RCV Engines

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2004, 10:07 AM
CL-415

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RCV Engines

For space reasons I bought 2 RCV60-SP to power a CL-415 96" wingspan. Does anybody have any experience with these engines. Good or bad?
Old 07-14-2004, 11:49 AM
Doug D.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: RCV Engines

Some people are having good results with there's, some don't. I have a .90SP that I have ran thru the break in proceedure. So far so good. I have since sent it off to Condor hobbies for Otto's upgrades. Haven't recieved it back yet. Follow the break in proceedure and use the proper propellers and you should have good results.
[&:]
Old 07-14-2004, 12:00 PM
fwconti

I Have an RCV 120-SP and 60-SP. These are great engines once you get used to them. The 60 is in a Sig Senior Kadet. The low speed mixture adjustment is very touchy but critical to a good running engine. They start on the 1st or 2nd flip of the prop after a very wet prime (fuel dripping from the carb). My 60 turns a 16x12 prop at 5200rpm.
Old 07-14-2004, 01:27 PM
Hircflyer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 90-SP mounted in a GP Stuka.........runs great with a 15.75x13 3 blades prop................but you have to breake them in properly and start them wet. I start mine from the front, always starts within one or two flips.

I'm getting the 120 next.

Forgot to add, customer service is great also.
Old 09-01-2004, 03:50 AM
Sam Price

Hi,

Unfortunatly I haven't had as much luck with my RCV 60. I have just bought a Avio Modelli Storch which has the RCV 60. I haven't been able to fly this model as I cant get the engine to run properly.
It is very difficult to start and when I manage to get it going it conks out very easily.

Does anyone have any thoughts or advice on this?

Regards, Sam.
Old 09-01-2004, 11:38 AM
Hircflyer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What fuel are you using? What are the other indications the engine is having, besides "conking out"? Is it running hot?

Do you have a OS F plug?

Would like to help just need a little more info.