Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Old OS and Enya Engines

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2002, 11:20 AM
bignasdy

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Old OS and Enya Engines

try them both about three turns out from slightly seated position. this is the correct starting point for all n two cycle engines. start them full throttle at that setting, and lean to suit.
david
Old 08-10-2002, 02:08 PM
FHHuber
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old OS and Enya Engines

I had an Enya .35 (type III TV) of that era... The manual called for 3.5 turns open n the needle for initial starting. I ran mine at appx 2 turns open almost all the time.

The old O.S .35 will set up just about the same as your current .40 engine's.

The rings may present a problem. Ringed engines that are stored for a long time and haven't had after run oil (I cleaned them dissasembling and tossing the parts in a can of motor oil back then) could have the rnig "stuck" to the piston by the hardened castor oil residue. this is especially annoying if the engine was stored in compression, as it would have a very bad fit to the cylinder, making it VERY hard to start. In extreme cases, you have to dissasemble the engine, soak the piston in fuel (the best solvent for hardened castor oil is nitro) and re-expand the ring. (CAREFULLY. They snap easilly.) You might even have to replace the piston ring.

I'm trying to help a local club member get an old K&B ringed engine running after 25 years storage... No fun. Looking like the ring's going to have to be replaced.