Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

GP .40 size Ultimate, engine recommendations

Community
Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

GP .40 size Ultimate, engine recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2002, 10:11 PM
toyking23
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GP .40 size Ultimate, engine recommendations

I just finished a GP 40 size Ultimate, and installed an OS 46FX. Definitely not the power to weight ratio, I thought I would get.
I have an OS 61 FX, that I am thinking about putting on it. I would like suggestions, rather this is a good or bad idea. Also, if good idea, prop recommendations, for sport flying, with some hovering ability.

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-29-2002, 12:24 AM
KCFlyBoy
My Feedback: (12)

The 61fx will have enough power to pull it around like you are looking for. The 61fx weighs a bit more than the 46 you will have to shift your battery pack around to bring your CG back to the right spot.
Old 07-29-2002, 10:14 AM
Dazzler
My Feedback: (6)

If you want a good engine for the Ultimate, go with a Saito 91, awesome combo. Daz...
Old 07-30-2002, 05:00 PM
RLDIII
My Feedback: (1)

Default Need more power

Yup, unless you succeed in building the GP .40 sized (???) Ultimate a LOT lighter than most I have seen and flown, the .46 will fly it, but that is about all. It really is a fun little plane, just heavy for it's size (over designed). Like the above post said, the most fun one that I flew actually had a .90 Four Stroke on it. Yes, it increased the weight even more, but at least it didn't act like someone just threw an anchor overbaord every time the nose was pointed up

Lee
Old 07-30-2002, 07:11 PM
ramcharger

I got the GP Ultimat bipe 40 this Christmas and plan to sell my NIB GMS 47 and NIB Fox 45 abc and buy an OS 50SX with Pitts muffler. Currently building a GP Aeromaster 60 and may do some trading to get the PICA WACO 1/6th scale kit. Currently fly the PICA WACO 1/5th scale and love its looks plus it flys real well with G23. I have a lot of options. I also have the AAMCO original Aeromaster 60 kit and deciding what to do with it.
Old 08-02-2002, 04:08 AM
Ragarm
My Feedback: (1)

I used a YS .45 in my ultimate the plane had more than enought power on 15% Omega with a pitts style muffler.