Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

Flipping the throttle arm on an OS 46 FX

Community
Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Flipping the throttle arm on an OS 46 FX

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2002, 05:54 PM
BackAfter20
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flipping the throttle arm on an OS 46 FX

I need to flip the throttle arm (from pointing down to pointing up) on my OS 46 FX to install it in the plane. The nut is very tight, and I'm nervous about breaking something. Is there a trick to this? Are the threads reversed or anything?

The reason I'm nervous is because I have an Irvine 40 that had the throttle arm retaining nut come loose, and the small threaded extension snapped off of the carburetor barrel while I was tightening it back on. Now that whole engine is junk because I can't get the replacement barrel.
Old 08-10-2002, 06:21 PM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

I have rotated mime before, the nut is tight, once its loose you will need to insert a small piece (soft)into the carburator to stop the throttle barrel from rotating, just tighten it in the desire position.

Daniel D.
Old 08-11-2002, 01:48 AM
BackAfter20
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That worked. It was very tight. I really cranked on it (for a small nut, that is) when retightening it to keep it from vibrating loose.

Thanks!