Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

need some help with his OS 50...

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 06:58 PM
nozzles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some help with his OS 50...

I have a new OS 50 installed in a new Sceadu with a small problem: the engine does not turn over when I try to start it.

The starter wand just rotates in its housing, causing a horrendous squeel, and gets very hot, very quickly. If I take the plug out, it turns over just fine, obviously spitting fuel everywhere.

Might there be some sort of hydraulic lock, or vapour lock? The engine ran fine for about 3 or 4 bench starts, but now I am out of ideas. The manual doesn't shed any light on this problem.

I would appreciate any help that the experts can offer!
Old 12-03-2004, 09:03 PM
macguyver77
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: need some help with his OS 50...

Hello,

Sounds like a lock to me.

I would take the glow plug out and tip it up side down and drain out the top of the head. Then reinstall and try again. I also can't start my engines unless I swing the prop back as far as it will turn freely so the starter gets a 1/2 of torque before it comes up hard against the compression in the head.

Give that a shot.
Old 12-03-2004, 10:08 PM
Woody218
My Feedback: (24)

Default RE: need some help with his OS 50...

Take out the plug, pinch off the fuel line, and turn it over with the starter until every bit of fuel is blown out of the engine. Then, reinstall the plug, open the fuel line, and try again.