Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

K&B .61 Pumper

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 06:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K&B .61 Pumper

Hello All
I just acquired a .61 pumper off of e*** for a song. I looked it over thoroughly, removed the head and backplate. This engine appears to be in new condition, and probably never run. I have never owned, or broken in a "pumper" engine. Assuming that the factory settings for the pump and carb were "tinkered" with, does anyone know of a starting point for the adjustments? I am going to break this engine in with the assumption that it has never been run in. I presently own about a dozen K&Bs and realize that these engines like Castor oil, and have specific break-in requirements. I have looked at the MECOA web site and there is no info that I could find regarding the operational requirements of this engine. I have also done a search on RCU and found that this is a 6530 series engine. This engine I believe is the only ringed engine that K&B produces with a conventional ring.
Any education or comments are greatly appreciated.
-Tom
Old 12-08-2004, 07:40 PM
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: K&B .61 Pumper

look on the Perry pump site and you will find complete set up instructions for the pump and the carb.

When you buy a pumper type carb from them, they send you the instructions for setting up a pumper type carb.

What it amounts to is that you set the HS needle at 2-1/2 turns and the idle disk at Zero.
Start the engine and if it is not running real rich, turn the pump adjusting screw in until it is.

Re-adjust the high speed for a peak condition.
Check your LS disk setting.
If mid range is rich, reduce pummp pressure by screwing out the pump adjustment. and vice versa.

There is a extra adjustment screw on the old pumper carbs that is supposed to be srewed all the way down in the beginning.

After you do all the above you are suppose to invert the plane and if the engine changes mixture you are to adjust it out with this extra screw. I just kept them tightened down. The screw is right above where the fuel inlet is to the carb. New pumper carbs don't have this screw.

enjoy,

Jim