Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Webra 91 information requested

Old 12-15-2001, 04:02 AM
sagan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Webra 91 information requested

I just bought a used one in great shape that must be 8 or 10 years old and need to know what props to run and anyone's experience with theirs. What fuel they use, and if anyone has a Perry carb on theirs. This one came with a Perry carb that probably is made for a 60 size engine because it has a metal reducer ring on it to fit the larger bore crankcase intake of this Webra 91. This one also has a large volume tatone strap type pitts muffler with the large dual exhaust outlets. The engine looks mean and powerful and my newer Webra 120 with the TN 2 carb is great with smooth power!! I was also wandering if I should try my TN 2 carb from my 120 on the 91. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks Rick
Old 12-15-2001, 12:28 PM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (101)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Webra .91

Rick, I am running the carb off of an Irvine Q72 on my .91. It has exactly the same venturi and neck diameter. I drilled and tapped mine for a Fox .74 header with a J-Tec snuffler in it. Basically they recommend one prop for it, a 14x6 which it will turn in excess of 11,000 Rpm. Mine is electric motor smooth and has never dead sticked. If you would like I could measure the venturi diameter of the original carb for you to see how the Perry compares. I run mine sometimes with a Davis Diesel head on it . In the Diesel configuration it turns a 14x7 three blade at 8,500 RPM. I suspect the Perry is the right one for it. If you would also like to have a Webra .61 Speed you can get one from Paul's in Fargo, ND. I love my Webra's. Davis has an excellent soundmaster muffler for this engine that would be much quieter and provide more muffler pressure than the box yours has on it. PS, Webras don,t need much nitro I run mine on Fox 5% with 18% half castor and half syn.
Old 12-16-2001, 08:48 PM
sagan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Webra 91 information requested

Thanks. anyone else out there have info on this engine or use of a Perry carb with the Webra 91?