Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

Mark engines why two prices Morris Hobbies

Community
Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Mark engines why two prices Morris Hobbies

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 10:19 PM
bobzilla
My Feedback: (63)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Mark engines why two prices Morris Hobbies

I've just noticed Morris Hobbies is now selling "MARK" 2.10 engine on RCUniverse..now for $239.95.
They are showing same Commercial ad at **** for $229.95.

The MARK engine I believe is the same as the MOKI 2.10.
Does anyone else wonder why they are selling HIGHER here?? vs ****??

BOBZ
Old 01-13-2005, 10:27 PM
Flyboy Dave
My Feedback: (21)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Mark engines why two prices Morris Hobbies

That is odd, isn't it ? You would think they would be charging more on
e-Bay because it cost's way more money to sell there.

Our Marketplace is the best deal going. [sm=thumbup.gif]

Dave.
Old 01-14-2005, 12:05 AM
Volfy
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are really interested, why not just email or call Morris to see what price they would sell one to you for?

Morris is not the first company to show different prices for the same item in various places. I don't think anybody ever wondered why Tower Hobbies have all sorts of different prices on the same item in their magazine ads, Sales Flyers, and online price listings.
Old 01-14-2005, 08:40 AM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Either price is pretty darn good if you ask me.
Old 01-14-2005, 08:49 AM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had dealings with Morris hobbies in the past and none of them were very good. That price difference is a red flag . If there is any alternatives like DP take it.
Old 01-14-2005, 10:22 AM
bobzilla

I agree...search for your best price and the place you like to buy! For me..I just bought a MOKI 2.10 instead of MARK.
Chief-ArCraft had great price..and I trust the MOKI brand. It's going in my new Patty!
bobz
Old 01-14-2005, 12:09 PM
Volfy

Mark, Moki, and DPM are all made by the same factory in Hungary. The only difference is Dave Patrick wanted his version to have a little less compression to suit the typically American appetite for high nitro glow fuel. Nothing wrong with that, and kudos to Dave for specifying his product to cater to the market exactly. Personally, I prefer the higher compression "Euro" engine tuning, since I like to use as little nitro as possible.

I just bought a Morris Mark 2.10 and the only difference I see is that Mark 2.10 has a retainer tang on the idle wheel, and the original Moki version does not. Either should work just as well.

As for the supplier... well, to each his own. Morris is local to me, so no shipping charges for me. I have good luck with Chief, too.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:01 PM
Tripp2loo
My Feedback: (15)

I just purchased the Mark 2.1 from Morris Hobbies for $229 on. I will let you know how it all goes.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:38 AM
MormonMike
My Feedback: (2)

Guys, what kind of luck have you had with your Mark 2.10 engines. I'm looking at buying one but how reliable are they? I've read the MAN article and am wondering if it's all true. MM
Old 11-01-2005, 12:48 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

They are VERY reliable. There is a certain combination that's works on these engines. I learned this combo from the old importer of these engines called Gerrard Enterprises. First break it in thorougly according to his instructions: run rich at 6000 RPM. Use 20% oil and some should be castor. 1-2 gallons on a test stand for a good break in. Then reduce oil to 17%. He recommends a K&B 1L plug. Also use 0% nitro fuel like Morgan FAI. It's cheap and burns very slow. I found another thing that makes my Moki's run awesome, the Cline regulator. I have never had a dead stick on either of my Moki's and that is the truth. err, Well I did have one on my 1.80 but that's because I could not get the Perry pump to work right. It never did it after that. Hundreds of flights.

ORIGINAL: MormonMike

Guys, what kind of luck have you had with your Mark 2.10 engines. I'm looking at buying one but how reliable are they? I've read the MAN article and am wondering if it's all true. MM
Old 11-01-2005, 08:22 PM
Robert Bauer
My Feedback: (1)

Please show me where Morris Hobbies is selling the Mark 2.10 for $229. Their site lists them at $300.+ Thank you Bob
Old 11-01-2005, 09:06 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Morris is not currently advertising on RCU
Old 11-01-2005, 09:13 PM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

ORIGINAL: Volfy

Mark, Moki, and DPM are all made by the same factory in Hungary. The only difference is Dave Patrick wanted his version to have a little less compression to suit the typically American appetite for high nitro glow fuel. Nothing wrong with that, and kudos to Dave for specifying his product to cater to the market exactly. Personally, I prefer the higher compression "Euro" engine tuning, since I like to use as little nitro as possible.

I just bought a Morris Mark 2.10 and the only difference I see is that Mark 2.10 has a retainer tang on the idle wheel, and the original Moki version does not. Either should work just as well.

As for the supplier... well, to each his own. Morris is local to me, so no shipping charges for me. I have good luck with Chief, too.
-----------------------------------

Volfy, I'm the same way as you when it comes to being a nitro scrooge. These days, nitro doesn't cost as much (proportionally) as it used to, but old habits are hard to break. I don't like using more than 5%. An engine that is set up to run great on 5% will also run great on 0% nitro. I'm old enough to remember when the only nitro plant in America went toes up for a while. Some of the substitutes that folks used (nitro ethane), still leave a bad taste in my mouth. So much for siphoning, I suppose. <G>

I am a little different when it comes to four-strokes, I must admit. I'm becoming addicted to that nitro "Whap!" sound with a testosterone packed four-stroke. Although I do still search for Enya four-strokes that do not need a shot of testosterone to run acceptably well.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:05 PM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

man, where the heck was this 229 deal? I would have bought that in a heart beat
anyone sell theirs for 240? You can make 10 dolla!
Old 11-01-2005, 11:28 PM
bobzilla

In jan of 05, morris was posting lots of ads here on rcuniverse at a low price....
but, if you went to their website..you could not find that same low price...
I do believe they have since increase prices again on their website.
P.S. if you need parts for the MOKI you bought at Chief Aircraft...they send you to Morris HObbies..
it's one vicious circle.

Old 11-02-2005, 09:51 AM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Chief Aircraft advertises the Moki 210 for $299 also
Old 11-03-2005, 03:54 PM
Volfy

Ed, you are right about 4strokes liking nitro. Many of my 4strokes don't run worth a crap on anything less than 15% nitro, which is partly why I've been shying away from 4stroke glow engines more an more. These days, if I'm not playing with gassers, it's the simple and effective 2stroke glow for me.

Morris had the "intro price" for a while, but no more. These Mark engines are every bit as good as the Mokis and worth the price. Politics aside, the parts are indentical and interchangeable, so I wouldn't worry if you have to repair old Mokis with "Mark" parts.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:32 PM
Flyer95
My Feedback: (1)

Does anybody knows the difference between the Moki and Mark engines?. Thanks
Old 11-03-2005, 07:01 PM
bobzilla

basically last year, the main importer (Gerard Enterprises) stopped importing MOKI engines from Europe. The crankcase casting were redone with the MARK name and now imported in from Europe thru Morris Hobbies. They are identical in all other respects. Moki's and Marks are both ULTRA high compression no-nitro engines, take alot of running to break-in and produce gobs of thrust on FAI fuel. I've seen them run in Patty Wagstaff's, but not
with the same authority or verticle as a DA-50. I have a 180 and a 210 and don't plan on ever selling as they are like Gold in anybodies engine collection.
bobzilla
www.theultimategamer.net