OS MAX RF 61 Burned

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 08:53 AM
MTDV
My Feedback: (58)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS MAX RF 61 Burned

Hi,

I ran so clean, so the engine got hot. The piston got stuck, and the results were destroying the connecting rod and broke the piston. Should I replace the piston and connecting rod, or should I replace the whole engine? The whole new engine cost about $250 USD, and I have not found any piston part yet. The connecting rod cost about $25, and the combo of piston and cylinder cost about $120. The engine is fairly old, but I did fly real well with it in the last two years. Please give me your advice or if you have any used good parts please let me know. Thanks for your concern.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91624.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	232429   Click image for larger version

Name:	To43695.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	232430  
Old 02-21-2005, 09:25 AM
ChuckN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OS MAX RF 61 Burned

OS stopped producing this engine several years ago. Too bad, because I think this engine is one of the finest engines OS ever produced. It really worked well with it's long stroke and rear exhaust layout and it's a very sturdy design. I highy recommend finding another new one instead of trying to repair this one with new parts. If you were very happy with the RF, try buying an extra two or three. Look through RCUniverse and ebay and around where you live. They won't be making anymore of them! IMHO these engines are well worth hoarding
Old 02-21-2005, 01:06 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: OS MAX RF 61 Burned

Just looking at the picture on the left shows that the ports are in the right places to make a good performing engine.

Enjoy,

Jim