Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Engine for Y/A Sukhoi?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2001, 08:48 PM
George
My Feedback: (57)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Engine for Y/A Sukhoi?

I'm in a pickle, I can't make up my mind. Which engine would be a good combo with Yellow's 24% Sukhoi. Specs. are 72.5" WS, 63.5 Fuse and 11-12 lbs. I'm considering a Saito 150/180, Moki 1.8/2.10 or OS 160. Inputs to help me decide are desired.

Thanks in advance,
George
Old 12-31-2001, 05:39 PM
Nathan
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

An experienced pilot at our field has one of these with a Saito 180 in the nose. He only got a half a dozen or so flights on it before the fall weather started turning for the worst, so he hasn't had time to really stretch the engines legs so to speak. He is impressed with the airplane and how well the Saito does with the Sukhoi. And from what I can see, it's a great combo.

The Saito 180 sound matches the airplane perfectly, and the power is more than enough to haul the Sukhoi around in with ease. I couldn't imagine another engine being better suited for this airplane.
Old 12-31-2001, 08:52 PM
ShempHoward
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Two friends of mine who I met thru RCO and have visited on two occasions at a field in Burington, Mass own all 3 of the 120 size Yellow Aerobatic planes and they all have Saito 180's mounted on them. Both guys seem
extremely pleased with the way they fly and the power output of the Saito 180's. They have movies of each plane flying on their web page but I do not have the URL.

The two guys names are: Juhan Sonin and Jeff Connolly - tell 'em ShempHoward sent ya.

If cost is a major factor the OS 160 FX will provide plenty of poop as well but may require added nose weight.
Old 12-31-2001, 08:54 PM
George
My Feedback: (57)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Thanks

Thanks Insane and Shemp for your input.

George
Old 12-31-2001, 10:05 PM
maverick
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by ShempHoward
They have movies of each plane flying on their web page but I do not have the URL.
The URL Shemp couldn't remember is:

http://archive.ncsa.uiuc.edu/Cyberia...l/rc_home.html

The head office of the company I work for is in Burlington, Mass and last time I was over there Shemp told me to look these guys up.

Well it was cold, windy and raining the whole week I was there so I didn't get a chance to see them, but I did like the pictures and videos on their website.