Community
Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Why Does My OS .52 Throw Its Prop?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 03:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why Does My OS .52 Throw Its Prop?

Interesting thread, thanks. One more thing to keep in mind when the engine isn't right.
Old 10-14-2005, 11:10 PM
My Feedback: (14)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: T.W.

From what you've said it's pretty conclusive that a lean mixture is causing my prop to disentangle itself from my engine - so now I know where to start looking. Your help is greatly appreciated

Tony

Check your fuel filter screen for debris, if you are using one. How stuff flops up against the screen can change the fuel flow sometimes.

I just about forgot that you mentioned that the problem occurred at half a tank of fuel. A crack in the fuel pickup line will cause the engine to
go lean too.

Good luck.

Ed Cregger
Old 10-15-2005, 12:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for this Ed, you make a good point which was previously overlooked. If you read post 24 you'll learn that I finally cured this annoying and illusive problem. The culprit was an alumium engine mount (supplied with the WildCard kit) which was transmitting engine vibration through the airframe and aerating the fuel (despite the tank being padded with foam rubber and using an anti-foaming fuel additive)

Simply changing the engine mount for my usual cheap plastic one cured the problem and transformed the engine's performance as well as its reliability. To say I'm pleased is quite an understatement as this problem dogged me all through the summer!

Tony